NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

1 hour ago, WCX-TV said:

WVIT had been in a temp set (1 in a conference room or from home)  since late May, while the set goes thru a “refresh” from what I was told. 

The current set is as old as the building sans the additions of a couple extra monitor arrasys, so it's definitely time for a full rebuild for them.

So far it looks like duopoly stations in the same market are getting them, which makes a lot of sense.  I would imaging the roll out in other Telemundo O&O's will continue after all the NBC/T duopolies are completed.

18 hours ago, ref1997 said:

WVIT debuted their new set last night at 11PM... but it's still Look N~ The background monitors could be Look S... 

E6x2c8BWEAgDQod.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.f8d63efe5e6a51cbd77f29ea08639d3b.png

image.thumb.png.acf7809432a76f2f0f25852ce4e9039c.png

So 30 got the new set, but not the new GFX like their Beantown brethren…

On 7/21/2021 at 4:34 AM, ref1997 said:

WVIT debuted their new set last night at 11PM... but it's still Look N~ The background monitors could be Look S... 

E6x2c8BWEAgDQod.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.f8d63efe5e6a51cbd77f29ea08639d3b.png

image.thumb.png.acf7809432a76f2f0f25852ce4e9039c.png

Would love to see a panoramic view of the set. It looks like they kept the same floor plan, same monitors, but just changed out the backlit walls… 

WTVJ just launched Look S along with a new set... Bad news: It's time to say goodbye to the long lived WTVJ custom theme; Good news: They're using the KNBC's updated version of LA Groove

unknown.png

The new set looks kinda sexy~

unknown.png

I made a quick capture of the first 5 minutes if y'all are interested. Again I'm sure someone will post a better montage on YouTube so I'm not gonna upload it to YT. 

https://streamable.com/0r6hy5

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 5

I really like this set. They did a behind the scenes tour of it and it's got great functionality and technology. Set is way better than what WVIT did. I feel WTVJ's studio lights are a little too dark or warmer than most sets. It looks a little dull on the anchors. 

1 hour ago, ref1997 said:

WTVJ just launched Look S along with a new set... Bad news: It's time to say goodbye to the long lived WTVJ custom theme; Good news: They're using the KNBC's updated version of LA Groove

unknown.png

The new set looks kinda sexy~

unknown.png

I made a quick capture of the first 5 minutes if y'all are interested. Again I'm sure someone will post a better montage on YouTube so I'm not gonna upload it to YT. 

https://streamable.com/0r6hy5

I’m glad they kept the “The NEWS On NBC6 Starts NOW” spiel for the 4P.

1 hour ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

Set is way better than what WVIT did. I feel WTVJ's studio lights are a little too dark or warmer than most sets. It looks a little dull on the anchors. 

I agree with both your comments, so hopefully they can adjust accordingly. 

WVIT is basically just merely aesthetics, but I get that with their tight space constraints.

WTVJ definitely brings it up to contemporary tastes, but there are parts that I think is still dated--not that I really think it matters at all, considering market-leader WSVN's set, and WTVJ should never out-tacky tacky.

I don't think I ever noticed how shrill-y this KNBC variation of LA Groove was until I heard it here on WTVJ, for some reason.

Interesting; a bit of a lower pitch might work out better.

Thanks to the montage/video uploaders above for sharing.

• Like 2

I think KNSD is close to debuting the new graphics. Now that they're weather anchors are back in studio, they started airing a new weather spot promoting weather from NBC and Univision and the peacock background from the new opens is there. Sorry I don't have a pic or video.

3 minutes ago, Bsean said:

I think KNSD is close to debuting the new graphics. Now that they're weather anchors are back in studio, they started airing a new weather spot promoting weather from NBC and Univision and the peacock background from the new opens is there. Sorry I don't have a pic or video.

Yeah I saw this promo popping up on KNSD featuring Look S backdrops.

unknown.png

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...