NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

35 minutes ago, SFTV said:

I noticed WNBC doesn’t use the social media bar, unless they fixed that since I haven’t seen it in any recent YouTube videos except the 6pm newscast. 

WNBC doesn't use the social bar at all, WNJU uses theirs.

• Thanks 2

For those of you interested in what NBC 10 Boston has done, I've uploaded 3 different opens. 

IMO, The 4:30 open looks the best, I'm not a fan of the tease graphics used at 5, and for "The Ten", the concept is a good one but I was expecting it to be 10 minuets straight of a local story, not a random feature story that doesn't have any apparent local connection, I'm surprised they didn't go with a full half hour of tradition news at 7 like other O&O's are or even something like KARE 11's "Breaking The News"...

NBC 10 Boston News at 4:30PM Open. 

NBC 10 Boston News at 5PM, Breaking News Open. 

NBC 10 Boston News "The Ten" at 7PM Open. 

23 minutes ago, jrogo said:

For those of you interested in what NBC 10 Boston has done, I've uploaded 3 different opens. 

IMO, The 4:30 open looks the best, I'm not a fan of the tease graphics used at 5, and for "The Ten", the concept is a good one but I was expecting it to be 10 minuets straight of a local story, not a random feature story that doesn't have any apparent local connection, I'm surprised they didn't go with a full half hour of tradition news at 7 like other O&O's are or even something like KARE 11's "Breaking The News"...

NBC 10 Boston News at 4:30PM Open. 

NBC 10 Boston News at 5PM, Breaking News Open. 

NBC 10 Boston News "The Ten" at 7PM Open. 

Those lowers in the 5PM tease are expanded snipes from Look N's topical promo graphics. I always thought they should have been the standard lowers for that package instead of the whole cable news-esque inserts they went with. That said they clash with Looks S. Also someone should tell them they're two weather packages behind. They're still using the original Look N weather templates.

• Like 4

What does their morning and noon opens look like? Noticed lately either they are branded "Today in NY/LA/Bay" or its just "NBC Chicago News".  Is Boston still calling their noon broadcast NBC 10 Boston News Now or something new? 

2 hours ago, jrogo said:

"The Ten", the concept is a good one but I was expecting it to be 10 minuets straight of a local story, not a random feature story that doesn't have any apparent local connection

IIRC given that it's a concept that completely migrated from NECN, I don't think we could've expected anything else, since the network is more lifestyle-oriented.

I don't think NBC10 was ever a serious contender against WCVB for the "serious news" at that hour so if they just build out their niche, they can corner that part of the market.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Those lowers in the 5PM tease are expanded snipes from Look N's topical promo graphics. I always thought they should have been the standard lowers for that package instead of the whole cable news-esque inserts they went with. That said they clash with Looks S. Also someone should tell them they're two weather packages behind. They're still using the original Look N weather templates.

The weather package needed some "finishing touches", but they should be on air next week just in time for the Olympics.

5 minutes ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

*sighs* I knew it. WTVJ and I assume WSCV will be the last NBC and Telemundo O&O station to receive the new graphics. 

I wouldn't count them out. Still have WRC, WVIT, KNSD left to switch as well. 

WTVJ and WVIT we know will have new sets with the debut. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

*sighs* I knew it. WTVJ and I assume WSCV will be the last NBC and Telemundo O&O station to receive the new graphics. 

WVIT recently switched to a temporary studio too (I think last week...), so they're definitely one of the latest to switch to Look S. For WRC, their set has been in use through Look F and Look N, and the old MTP set opposite to their set is no longer in use (maybe scrapped?) as the network moves to the new bureau so I think a new set is due soon... Maybe built in the old MTP studio...

The Olympic opening ceremony is coming this week so I'm expecting more stations to switch this week. Not sure if there's an internal deadline tho...

The WVIT chroma key temporary studio I was talking about:

unknown.png

Edited by ref1997

Screencap of WCAU 4PM intro. I believe this is the first time they’ve had the Philly skyline featured in their intro since 2014 (which is when they switched to the standard Look F graphics). They’re also using the older cut of LA Groove in the intro that they used from 2014-2016.

25284C4F-3450-4A89-A0C8-C1ACD856D7E7.png

Edited by ddaniels20

I made a quick capture of the intro below if anyone's interested. I don't plan to put this on YouTube, someone probably will anyways. 

They used the full LA Groove intro theme. IMO this is what WNBC should be using too instead of the crappy 4-note sting that doesn't fit Look S...
https://streamable.com/bsh9a6

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ddaniels20 said:

Screencap of WCAU 4PM intro. I believe this is the first time they’ve had the Philly skyline featured in their intro since 2014 (which is when they switched to the standard Look F graphics). They’re also using the older cut of LA Groove in the intro that they used from 2014-2016.

With no “NEWS AT [insert time here]” 

But got the “COUNT ON IT™️“ slogan…

10 minutes ago, ddaniels20 said:

Screencap of WCAU 4PM intro. I believe this is the first time they’ve had the Philly skyline featured in their intro since 2014 (which is when they switched to the standard Look F graphics).

I hope there's different versions for different dayparts like they did with their Look C refresh and their custom Look F.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I hope there's different versions for different dayparts like they did with their Look C refresh and their custom Look F.

I was about to say that. Their Look C refresh and the studioTEN version of Look F was one of the best adaptations of the O&O GFX…

1 hour ago, ref1997 said:

WVIT recently switched to a temporary studio too (I think last week...), so they're definitely one of the latest to switch to Look S. For WRC, their set has been in use through Look F and Look N, and the old MTP set opposite to their set is no longer in use (maybe scrapped?) as the network moves to the new bureau so I think a new set is due soon... Maybe built in the old MTP studio...

The Olympic opening ceremony is coming this week so I'm expecting more stations to switch this week. Not sure if there's an internal deadline tho...

The WVIT chroma key temporary studio I was talking about:

unknown.png

WVIT had been in a temp set (1 in a conference room or from home)  since late May, while the set goes thru a “refresh” from what I was told.