NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

9 hours ago, dombrown2222 said:

I don’t want them to modify anything in this package. They need to add some skyline shots to their opens… they have kept an nbc logo in the background for over 7 years now.

I beg to differ. 7 years with the default Peacock logo in the background is 7 years too much. Time to stand out. Bring back the city shots. (And the Squares)

Edited by groupwfan

11 minutes ago, groupwfan said:

I beg to differ. 7 years with the default Peacock logo in the background is 7 years too much. Time to stand out. Bring back the city shots. (And the Squares)

You two are agreeing about the peacock background. You both want it gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, dombrown2222 said:

I don’t want them to modify anything in this package. They need to add some skyline shots to their opens… they have kept an nbc logo in the background for over 7 years now.

I beg to differ. There are no notable buildings in Philadelphia. In New York, there's the Empire State Building. In California, there's literally every building there. In Chicago, there is the Sears-Willis tower. In Philadelphia, there's nothing. You might as well put a Philly Cheese steak in the background and everyone will think, "look, it's Philadelphia."

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, TheRobSka said:

I beg to differ. There are no notable buildings in Philadelphia. In New York, there's the Empire State Building. In California, there's literally every building there. In Chicago, there is the Sears-Willis tower. In Philadelphia, there's nothing. You might as well put a Philly Cheese steak in the background and everyone will think, "look, it's Philadelphia."

Bad take. I'm not from Philly, so I'm not really familiar with their skyline, BUT the very broadcast company in question here just built one of (if not) the tallest skyscrapers in town, and NBC10 was one of the first occupants. That deserves to be in an open. Besides, locals know the skyline and city, even if it's not as identifiable to out-of-towners like most of us here.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, TheRobSka said:

I guess you haven't seen the Philly skyline since before 1984. There's a bunch of notable looking buildings in our skyline these days and this is just a piece of what it features:IMG_20200805_182713_537-1024x1024.jpg

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

Bad take. I'm not from Philly, so I'm not really familiar with their skyline, BUT the very broadcast company in question here just built one of (if not) the tallest skyscrapers in town, and NBC10 was one of the first occupants. That deserves to be in an open. Besides, locals know the skyline and city, even if it's not as identifiable to out-of-towners like most of us here.

Comcast Technology Center is what you're referring to. It's the tallest building in Philly now and one of, if not the tallest in the country outside of New York and Chicago. 

Edited by WCAUTVNBC10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, TheRobSka said:

Don’t worry guys - my friend (and his friend) and I will take care of him.

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CAnewsjunkie said:

KNBC made the switch today, also using new music. 

I still think its LA Groove. They used it for the close. The bumper is soft so I can't tell if it is and just a different cut or something else entirely. 

Edited by NBC 5 Chicago

11 hours ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

I still think its LA Groove. They used it for the close. The bumper is soft so I can't tell if it is and just a different cut or something else entirely. 

Just from hearing the pacing of the NBC chimes along with some of the other bits of music, it's still LA Groove. This is the 3rd version of LA Groove if I remember correctly (after the original version and the 2007 update).

Honestly not sure how I really feel about the KXAS version. The Look N open (the 360 open) had a stronger impact in my view. This one seems a bit...tame? Kind of more like a morning jingle. I guess I can appreciate the reverence to the NBC chimes, kind of like a throwback to its open about 15-ish years ago.

21 minutes ago, groupwfan said:

360 (NBC version) got updated and still kept their tagline in the open…

Pretty sure that's not 360. My money is on it being an update of The Rock (because they're using an original Rock cut for weather stings). I guess we'll know soon enough.

• Like 1