RIP Dick Ervasti

I want to say what a great announcer Dick Ervasti was at FOX Sports. Every time I would watch a hockey game or a football game on FOX, Dick's intros would get you ready for the game itself. In fact, the way he done his intros was unique, innovative and interesting. 

I've heard his voice numerous times but never knew what he looked like. Not what I was picturing.

It looks like he retired but went back to VO work not too long.

He also did NASCAR on FOX VO'S for a few years.

So many legendary VO artists have died these past few years. Ervasti, Mark Elliott, Chris Corley and many others.

R.I.P. Dick.

Man i just saw this while watching my White Sox on Fox Sports where they just said that Mr Ervesti had just passed. I’m in shock now as about 30 years ago or so he was a client of mine & on the phone and the guy had the best set of “pipes” that I had ever heard. And he used to tell me that I was in the wrong business (I worked at a commodity brokerage firm that he traded at & he was a client of mine) & that I also had a great voice & should be doing voice overs and or announcing of some kind. He told me he worked for Fox Sports as an announcer & coming from him that was such very, very high praise. He gave me his contact information but you know how that is & goes, as time goes by so fast & after we talked for a few years we kinda lost touch. I looked him up online just a few short years ago when watching a sporting event on Fox. I thought I heard that oh so recognizable one of a kind voice but couldn’t find any contact info from him at all. The numbers that I had for him it had been many years so they all did not work. Well, now I know what happened to my old friend & announcing legend. God bless you my friend & your family. I pray that you are resting in His Glorious Peace at this time now & for forever. 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

I've heard his voice numerous times but never knew what he looked like. Not what I was picturing.

It looks like he retired but went back to VO work not too long.

He also did NASCAR on FOX VO'S for a few years.

So many legendary VO artists have died these past few years. Ervasti, Mark Elliott, Chris Corley and many others.

R.I.P. Dick.

Also longtime CBS announcer Don Robertson at the beginning of the year. 

Had just learned of Ervasti's death earlier today. 

Archived