KLRT FOX 16 to debut Nexstar Fox look

Sendir

KLRT in Little Rock is preparing to launch the Nexstar Fox package. Their current package dates alllll the way back to old Newport/Providence Equity Partners. The package is over 10 years old. 

1 hour ago, ScottSchell said:

The broadcast last night has the Nexstar ticker and a new logo but still using the old graphics 

D7323081-5483-4215-956B-1734BE15EBAD.png

That ticker is from the KFXK package... So odds are very likely that they will be switching to the full package soon. It's an awful package for anything station above market 30, but KLRT is in DMA 57. Y'know these media companies are greedy when they are so short-sighted as to standardize packages that may not work in most markets... Designs have to match the unique needs of the market. Many people ask, "Well, it's not the news content, so why do we care?" To that I respond, if there are two websites with identical content, but one is built incredibly responsive using the latest HTML5 containerization, JavaScript, MySQL and Python, (think Facebook) and the other is static HTML3 from 1990 (think GeoCities) without any additional code integration, which are you going to use? I hope that I made my point.

32 minutes ago, mightynine said:

If you take a look at their weather videos, looks like the new graphics are active there. 

The weather department has their own set of graphics they aren’t using Nexstar’s versions like in the past both KARK and KLRT uses these instead of constantly switching the graphics to show FOX 16 or KARK (been like this since 2020).

ABDE3431-570D-4821-A9E2-CAEEDED5A335.jpeg

FCBDA58B-DD4A-45D0-880B-CC5E7A5ED401.jpeg

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

That ticker is from the KFXK package... So odds are very likely that they will be switching to the full package soon. It's an awful package for anything station above market 30, but KLRT is in DMA 57.

Indeed, it might be awful for a large-sized market, but it is OK for a medium-sized market like Little Rock. Switching to the package will also put KLRT on a par with KARK, which is one of the early adopters of the Linear Drift Nexstar NBC package. They already share a set with them and the KLRT part is fairly new, so I don't think there will be any updates to that specific part of the set (maybe updating the duratrans or LED graphics to reflect the update).

1 hour ago, mightynine said:

If you take a look at their weather videos, looks like the new graphics are active there. 

They did these banners in house. Terrible job. I really hope their is a new weather template but doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, Sendir said:

They did these banners in house. Terrible job. I really hope their is a new weather template but doubt it. 

Most likely won’t because they don’t want to be continuously switching graphics I think that’s why they did these in house.

5 hours ago, kfc513 said:

Those weather graphics look like a ripoff of Raycom's 2014 Limerick graphics.

They are.

5 hours ago, who?cares said:

Oof. It's not that hard to build a FOX Show and a NBC Show.

Tell that to KDVR|KWGN. They use one package across two stations because the Art Director can't manage two packages (and he was the art director for Fox Television Stations). The epitome of laziness.

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

They are.

Tell that to KDVR|KWGN. They use one package across two stations because the Art Director can't manage two packages (and he was the art director for Fox Television Networks). The epitome of laziness.

Yeah, KWGN is a hot mess with the same package as KDVR. 

Agreed that the Nexstar FOX look is a major downgrade on all of the former Tribune stations, so hopefully stations like WJW and WGHP never get it.

And seeing what's coming out of Little Rock is why the FCC put a stop to having one company control FOUR stations in one market.  Little Rock and Mobile/Pensacola got lucky.  Other deals have had to get creative with sub-channels and low-powered stations to pull it off.

16 hours ago, Sendir said:

KLRT in Little Rock is preparing to launch the Nexstar Fox package. Their current package dates alllll the way back to old Newport/Providence Equity Partners. The package is over 10 years old. 

im guessing that this is probably one of the last stations that were still carrying the KSWB 2008 Hothaus Graphics

On 6/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Yeah, KWGN is a hot mess with the same package as KDVR. 

Agreed that the Nexstar FOX look is a major downgrade on all of the former Tribune stations, so hopefully stations like WJW and WGHP never get it.

I dunno, I think what KTVI has now looks a lot better than what the in-house stuff they had before. 

Archived