Is there anyone who has full audio cuts of this theme? 

I think it holds up surprisingly well to this day, it wouldn't be out of place in a modern newscast.

9 hours ago, E. R. said:

Is there anyone who has full audio cuts of this theme? 

I think it holds up surprisingly well to this day, it wouldn't be out of place in a modern newscast.

I definitely concur! 

In fact, 6ABC WPVI Philadelphia STILL uses Move Closer to Your World, which is ALSO by Mayoham Music. Not to mention the remix version of MCTYW still in use at another ABC affiliate in another market in Pennsylvania, which is ABC 16 WNEP Scranton/Wilkes Barre. 

So whether it's the modern remixed version, or the original version, I concur that On Top Of It All will fly today in a modern newscast. If Move Closer to Your World can work in today's newscasts, then why not On Top of It All?

The reason that Move Closer works on WPVI and WNEP is because of nostalgia. Al Ham's music -- to his credit -- is distinctive, even for its time. But if a new station adopted it, it would be widely criticized by viewers. Al Ham's spiritual lyrics and cheesy melodies do not fit into today's culture.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dpb said:

The reason that Move Closer works on WPVI and WNEP is because of nostalgia. Al Ham's music -- to his credit -- is distinctive, even for its time. But if a new station adopted it, it would be widely criticized by viewers. Al Ham's spiritual lyrics and cheesy melodies do not fit into today's culture.

Well, "On Top of It All" isn't "Move Closer to Your World". It sounds completely different.