ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

On 1/31/2024 at 9:51 PM, FiveNews said:

Curious what stations KTLA streams on as I live in the market. AFAIK, they only stream thru the iHeart radio app.

I haven’t watched with any regularity in a few years but part of the morning news was simulcast on one of the radio stations at one point at least. I believe it was the 5 or 6am hour only.

image.thumb.png.7dcccb60aeb19d4b6cb914dada9c08ce.png

WLS-TV's New ABC Circle 7 (Above)

image.thumb.png.c25cea0347029593b2aa9aef43520fb5.png

WABC's New ABC 7 Circle 7 (Above)

Is there a visual difference between the two now at this point? They look so incredibly identical, before the WLS ABC Ball was slightly off-centered and higher in the earlier days and now it closely resembles if not identical to WABC. What do you guys think?

image.png

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 1

They're identical, though the two .png files you attached aren't accurate. Those feature a different circle 7 than the 2021 versions. KABC and KGO are now identical, too, and all 4 stations use the same numeral.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2024 at 4:36 PM, Vlad said:

image.thumb.png.7dcccb60aeb19d4b6cb914dada9c08ce.png

WLS-TV's New ABC Circle 7 (Above)

image.thumb.png.c25cea0347029593b2aa9aef43520fb5.png

WABC's New ABC 7 Circle 7 (Above)

Is there a visual difference between the two now at this point? They look so incredibly identical, before the WLS ABC Ball was slightly off-centered and higher in the earlier days and now it closely resembles if not identical to WABC. What do you guys think?

image.png

Looks really identical to me, now I can’t spot Chicago and New York’s ABC7 logo differences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EJ Velazquez said:

Looks really identical to me, now I can’t spot Chicago and New York’s ABC7 logo differences.

These. Are. Fanmade. And. Not. Accurate. Or. Correct.

From The ABC Owned Television Website:

WLS TV (ABC 7 Chicago):

image.png.235ef670eb66c81436da6389e6d98fbc.png

-----------------

WABC TV (ABC 7 New York):

image.png.cb8b8ad4d4572efd6ed3054712932baa.png

These are the official logos from the ABC O&O website.  WLS on top, WABC on bottom. There are some differences. But largely they are identical.

Edited by Vlad
  • Confused 1