Jump to content

ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations


Briella

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I wouldn’t say so actually; if there are any bugs/glitches, better to sort them out on a Saturday morning than during the week when more people are watching.

Most launches would happen on either midday or an early evening during the week or a weekend evening. But I've never see a change happen on a weekend morning.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Most launches would happen on either midday or an early evening during the week or a weekend evening. But I've never see a change happen on a weekend morning.

Oh I believe you; I’m just saying that if I had to guess, that was the logic behind launching this morning.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I absolutely LOVE the new ABC 13 graphics! In my opinion I think they look better than ABC 7 Chicago. I love the red accents over the yellow accents. I do wish they did personalized openings for each newscast instead of the generic open. Also I’m a big fan of Talent montages…I know many stations are getting away from them.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mercedes said:

I absolutely LOVE the new ABC 13 graphics! In my opinion I think they look better than ABC 7 Chicago. I love the red accents over the yellow accents. I do wish they did personalized openings for each newscast instead of the generic open. Also I’m a big fan of Talent montages…I know many stations are getting away from them.

Is 13 using talent bumpers? I’d love to see those if so. They’d also be one of the few in the O&Os group still using them too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Is 13 using talent bumpers? I’d love to see those if so. They’d also be one of the few in the O&Os group still using them too.

Unfortunately no, I wish they would bring them back. They haven't used them since 2019 or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WNPM Newswatch said:

Could WABC be launching the new graphics soon? This promo, for a story on climate change, featured a new Eyewitness News logo and Virginia Hamilton as VO.

IMG_9831.jpeg

Looks like the same signs as KTRK before they got the new graphics on the news broadcasts a few months later. Looks like WABC is at that phase (I think they've been there for a while).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll repeat was I said on the Discord server. It's from a promo package that's specifically being used for a climate series across the O&O's. These animations aren't likely coming from in-house, and the screenshot posted above looks like they put a WABC-shaped ABC7 in a KABC-shaped hole. I wouldn't necessarily see this as a sign of guaranteed change.

 

This is how it's showing up on WLS, earlier this summer.

 

bandicam2023-08-2222-19-02-674.thumb.png.6332da12dbae810c5958bfed7a3b703a.png

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Explain for this layman, when station groups do these mandated graphics is there also a mandated timeline for stations to implement the new packages or is it more of an eventual phasing?

 

I believe it's more dependent on when the station group provides the finished graphics. There is some implementation on the station level, but the graphics hubs have to finish putting with all of the localization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You also have to consider the DMA, end of rating books, big events (i.e. Olympics)... There really are a lot of variables and there really is no formula... Take Gray for example.. They seem to be doing 1-3 stations/week with the GrayOne rollout... CBS didn't take too terribly long.... NBC didn't really take that long either.. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

 

I believe it's more dependent on when the station group provides the finished graphics. There is some implementation on the station level, but the graphics hubs have to finish putting with all of the localization.

There’s also the issue of what graphics systems are used at the station level, and whether the group-standardized graphics have to be customized to support the station’s existing system.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.