ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

Overall a solid new look for 6ABC, watching the broadcast right now. And wow, the "Action News" format is very apparent with the new package. The pace of the newscast is notably quicker than the big sister up north. I never fully watched an Action News broadcast before.  But overall, it's a solid product. Glad they kept the music theme too! At this point is KABC the only station now left to get the update? Seems like most of the O&Os have converted now at this point. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Overall a solid new look for 6ABC, watching the broadcast right now. And wow, the "Action News" format is very apparent with the new package. The pace of the newscast is notably quicker than the big sister up north. I never fully watched an Action News broadcast before.  But overall, it's a solid product. Glad they kept the music theme too! At this point is KABC the only station now left to get the update? Seems like most of the O&Os have converted now at this point. 

KABC is the last holdout. They don’t even have the new weather graphics yet.

Two things I have noticed with Action News.

1: There are two different versions of the breaking news and the weather cards. Not sure how they decide when either one are used.

2: They are having serious issues with their bumper music. Throughout all newscasts today, the bumper would play at unusual times, such as in the middle of a report. During the lottery numbers at 11pm, the bumper kept restarting every time they switched to a new states lottery drawing numbers. There were also multiple times where it didn't play when it was supposed to, or it was late.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

KABC is the last holdout. They don’t even have the new weather graphics yet.

On KABC, I have only seen the new graphics on a handful of promos for syndicated programming, which I've seen now for the past few months.  I am surprised that they have not ended up on its newscasts by now, though.

Edited by CraigViewer

Maybe they are going to get the ultimate look of the package, KABC has always been pretty top tier with their on-air appearance, I remember when their current graphics rolled out how crisp and wonderful it was at the time and still is pretty good, but it has shown its age at this point so we'll have to see how. But at this point, each station's on-air adoption of this package has been uniquely tailored and looks great so can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vlad said:

Maybe they are going to get the ultimate look of the package, KABC has always been pretty top tier with their on-air appearance, I remember when their current graphics rolled out how crisp and wonderful it was at the time and still is pretty good, but it has shown its age at this point so we'll have to see how. But at this point, each station's on-air adoption of this package has been uniquely tailored and looks great so can't go wrong. 

I still think the KABC package circa ~2012-2013 is great. It could work effectively with the ABC 3 dot redesign. https://hothauscreative.com/kabc-graphics-package

22 hours ago, Vlad said:

Yeah.  KABC's current graphics still look great and relatively modern, yet has appeared somewhat outdated in recent years.  Their news set remains my personal favorite among the ABC owned and operated stations, however. 

If I'm not mistaken, they are under some type of O&O-wide mandate to switch over to the new graphics package within a certain time frame.  But, given that it is such a large undertaking for it all come to fruition, and, as you mentioned, to have that ultimate look, those may all very well be playing a role with regard to them taking their time with changing over to the new package right now.

Edited by CraigViewer
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 5:01 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I still think the KABC package circa ~2012-2013 is great. It could work effectively with the ABC 3 dot redesign. https://hothauscreative.com/kabc-graphics-package

The 2013 graphics and to a lesser extent the current KABC package look great. Switching over to the O&O mandate would not be an upgrade for the station. I almost wish the 2013 KABC look was the mandate. 

But the mandate does look better than what was running in NYC, Chicago and Raleigh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

The 2013 graphics and to a lesser extent the current KABC package look great. Switching over to the O&O mandate would not be an upgrade for the station. I almost wish the 2013 KABC look was the mandate. 

But the mandate does look better than what was running in NYC, Chicago and Raleigh.

It looks better for NYC and Raleigh, but not for WLS.

• Sad 1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:24 AM, CraigViewer said:

Yeah.  KABC's current graphics still look great and relatively modern, yet has appeared somewhat outdated in recent years.  Their news set remains my personal favorite among the ABC owned and operated stations, however. 

If I'm not mistaken, they are under some type of O&O-wide mandate to switch over to the new graphics package within a certain time frame.  But, given that it is such a large undertaking for it all come to fruition, and, as you mentioned, to have that ultimate look, those may all very well be playing a role with regard to them taking their time with changing over to the new package right now.

I think KABC will have a customized palette scheme they’ll use light blues  shade that they use with current graphics package. It would give off the Southern California, I don’t think dark blue will fit them. I could also see the morning opens having a yellow shade. I’m pretty sure the reason there the last O&O to switchover cause they want the new look to be tailored to SoCal.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving KABC-TV (ABC7 Los Angeles’) New AccuWeather graphics, long overdue! Feels nice, fresh and soooooo modern and the palm trees! I’m as happy as Dallas Raines, it IS like looking outside the window! 💙💛💙💛🔤7️⃣

IMG_5153.png

IMG_5154.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wofchristian said:

6ABC finally got rid of the old ticker at the bottom of the screen. But they don't have the new one yet.

They only run the ticker in the mornings and early evenings. No ticker after 6pm. 🙄