ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I wouldn’t say so actually; if there are any bugs/glitches, better to sort them out on a Saturday morning than during the week when more people are watching.

Most launches would happen on either midday or an early evening during the week or a weekend evening. But I've never see a change happen on a weekend morning.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Most launches would happen on either midday or an early evening during the week or a weekend evening. But I've never see a change happen on a weekend morning.

Oh I believe you; I’m just saying that if I had to guess, that was the logic behind launching this morning.

• Like 3

I absolutely LOVE the new ABC 13 graphics! In my opinion I think they look better than ABC 7 Chicago. I love the red accents over the yellow accents. I do wish they did personalized openings for each newscast instead of the generic open. Also I’m a big fan of Talent montages…I know many stations are getting away from them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Mercedes said:

I absolutely LOVE the new ABC 13 graphics! In my opinion I think they look better than ABC 7 Chicago. I love the red accents over the yellow accents. I do wish they did personalized openings for each newscast instead of the generic open. Also I’m a big fan of Talent montages…I know many stations are getting away from them.

Is 13 using talent bumpers? I’d love to see those if so. They’d also be one of the few in the O&Os group still using them too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Is 13 using talent bumpers? I’d love to see those if so. They’d also be one of the few in the O&Os group still using them too.

Unfortunately no, I wish they would bring them back. They haven't used them since 2019 or so.

36 minutes ago, WNPM Newswatch said:

Could WABC be launching the new graphics soon? This promo, for a story on climate change, featured a new Eyewitness News logo and Virginia Hamilton as VO.

IMG_9831.jpeg

Looks like the same signs as KTRK before they got the new graphics on the news broadcasts a few months later. Looks like WABC is at that phase (I think they've been there for a while).

• Like 1

I'll repeat was I said on the Discord server. It's from a promo package that's specifically being used for a climate series across the O&O's. These animations aren't likely coming from in-house, and the screenshot posted above looks like they put a WABC-shaped ABC7 in a KABC-shaped hole. I wouldn't necessarily see this as a sign of guaranteed change.

This is how it's showing up on WLS, earlier this summer.

bandicam2023-08-2222-19-02-674.thumb.png.6332da12dbae810c5958bfed7a3b703a.png

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Explain for this layman, when station groups do these mandated graphics is there also a mandated timeline for stations to implement the new packages or is it more of an eventual phasing?

I believe it's more dependent on when the station group provides the finished graphics. There is some implementation on the station level, but the graphics hubs have to finish putting with all of the localization.

You also have to consider the DMA, end of rating books, big events (i.e. Olympics)... There really are a lot of variables and there really is no formula... Take Gray for example.. They seem to be doing 1-3 stations/week with the GrayOne rollout... CBS didn't take too terribly long.... NBC didn't really take that long either.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

I believe it's more dependent on when the station group provides the finished graphics. There is some implementation on the station level, but the graphics hubs have to finish putting with all of the localization.

There’s also the issue of what graphics systems are used at the station level, and whether the group-standardized graphics have to be customized to support the station’s existing system.

Edited by T.L. Hughes