ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

42 minutes ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

I feel like this will be more of a weather rollout than a news one. At the pace O&Os are going only Chicago done the full rollout. Maybe the stations just hate the look.

Every O&O is getting the full look. This stuff takes time to implement.

• Thanks 1

Just a total guess but it’s likely they’re also upgrading CG systems at the same time, which takes time to install and test before going on air with. 

I think they are a mix of Vertigo and Viz and who knows what else, they could be trying to upgrade stations to the same system which makes transferring templates easier. 

• Like 6

On 8/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, noggi said:

Just a total guess but it’s likely they’re also upgrading CG systems at the same time, which takes time to install and test before going on air with. 

I think they are a mix of Vertigo and Viz and who knows what else, they could be trying to upgrade stations to the same system which makes transferring templates easier. 

This. They were the one of the few of not only station group left without a centralized graphics hub. Part of the implementation of that is getting everyone on same page running the same graphics system. That way you don't need to build insert graphics for multiple systems. 

• Like 3

KTRK ABC 13 Houston has began using the new graphics in all of their promos...Could the total package be debuting soon...Hopefully! I'm actually a big fan of the new package as I've seen on WLS ABC 7 in Chicago.

image.thumb.png.dc5a67da6800ed37734f22030e256d17.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thought-Provoking 2

4 hours ago, Joey1986 said:

I just noticed the new ABC logo on KABC in Los Angeles on the 11:00 PM newscast tonight. The rest of the graphics haven’t changed yet.image.thumb.jpg.8dafa5ec021edc8e02f371b565364d4a.jpg

Oh good! I noticed on Sunday during the storm coverage they added a radar box in the corner of the screen to blend in with a smaller UPDATED  logo with the time and temp blended in. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 8:50 PM, Mercedes said:

KTRK ABC 13 Houston has began using the new graphics in all of their promos...Could the total package be debuting soon...Hopefully! I'm actually a big fan of the new package as I've seen on WLS ABC 7 in Chicago.

So it looks like each station will be able to customize the accent colors. KTRK has red in place of yellow, and the blue looks a bit different. I wonder what they will do for breaking news, as WLS uses the blue with red accent color scheme for that.

On 8/23/2023 at 2:50 AM, Mercedes said:

I think this looks great. Reminds me of KTRK’s early 2000s look.

IMG_9588.jpeg

16 hours ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

They debuted at 4pm I hear. Thank you Steve Stewart for traveling all over the country to help out on these graphics.

IMG_0917.png

Is it just me or is the use of the icons just tacky and unnecessary.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, abric said:

Is it just me or is the use of the icons just tacky and unnecessary.

I don't like the animated background mixed with the animated icons.. should be one or the other.. although I do like that they didn't put the icons tiny in the corner like they do at the other updated stations

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I don't like the animated background mixed with the animated icons.. should be one or the other.. although I do like that they didn't put the icons tiny in the corner like they do at the other updated stations

Finally! A station that knows those tiny icons are bad. It probably won't stop the pictures from not matching the icons though :(Just keep the icons and get rid of they busy and inconsistent pictures.

On 8/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

It’s kinda clumsy. 

Very much so. The circle 13 isn't even centered in the middle of the 'frame'. The "Eyewitness News" doesn't match the 13. It is too generic and simple looking to be next to such an intricate, unique Channel 13 logo. Eyewitness News is 3D while the 13 logo is flat. The tiny Houston isn't necessary because there's only one 13 Eyewitness News. "Tomorrow Morning" isn't centered with anything either.

Edited by 13 Eyewitness News

47 minutes ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

KFSN has the new intro but still has the KABC news graphics

They don't officially start their new 3pm show until Monday. Yet they streamed their 3pm show on their streaming channel just now.

Makes me think they're "testing out" some things......

• Like 2