ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

19 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Nothing truly exciting/groundbreaking here as Hearst starts to get the de-glossed logos on their stations with WISN-TV today (note the bug just has the new bug overlaying the old ABC logo, apparent when it does the freeze-in prevention animation);

Channel 12 changed the opens with the updated logo last week (8/29).

I think WCVB was the only one to change to that logo, several months ago. Now every other station is playing catch up.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 3

On 9/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, mrschimpf said:

Nothing truly exciting/groundbreaking here as Hearst starts to get the de-glossed logos on their stations with WISN-TV today (note the bug just has the new bug overlaying the old ABC logo, apparent when it does the freeze-in prevention animation);

IMG_1260.jpeg

IMG_1261.jpeg

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1264.jpeg

Although I'm sure there is heritage about that channel logo, it is way too busy IMO for today, and looks incompatible with the abc circle.  

Edited by NowBergen
left a word out
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 4:51 PM, CircleSeven said:

Channel 12 changed the opens with the updated logo last week (8/29).

I think WCVB was the only one to change to that logo, several months ago. Now every other station is playing catch up.

Depends on what you consider “catching up,” KOCO is still using the 2013 ABC logo in graphics, its time/temp bug and most promos. They did start incorporating the 2021 version in mid-August in promos for its new 4:00 p.m. newscast; when that newscast debuted on August 22, the 2013 logo was still featured in the 4:00 open, though the talent bumpers introduced on all weekday newscasts that same day (the first time that KOCO had used regular talent bumps since it adopted the current diagrid package) do incorporate the 2021 ABC logo.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, Flyer78 said:

So guessing the O&Os getting a uniform gfx package is, if not dead, delayed... 'PVI has played with the flat look before even the current in-house look debuted. Usually the weather team updates ahead of time - and that too still reflects the general look. 

Fall brought usual update to the Delaware valley's leading news program intros... and the 2017 look is alive and well.

Another year... No change.

Just sayin....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, some of us who are in the know (and some more than others), are aware of delays and tweaks, etc., but the new look has not been abandoned. I've been seeing more and more trickle out, in my home market, but most of it is not worthy of a mention.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:33 AM, 24994J said:

Yeah, some of us who are in the know (and some more than others), are aware of delays and tweaks, etc., but the new look has not been abandoned. I've been seeing more and more trickle out, in my home market, but most of it is not worthy of a mention.

I’m seeing it here at channel 11. Lots of graphics and red weather graphics for severe weather.

Edited by Gavin M.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 24994J said:

Here, y'all want some of that little stuff? New TOTH ID, new ticker, new top corner icon thingy.

Now you see why I didn't initially feel the need to post them all, at once.

308395694_1296695630869400_205724713076366017_n.png

bandicam 2022-08-13 23-30-19-274.png

bandicam 2022-06-21 23-08-55-486.png

I dont know. This maybe there current package.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

WXYZ in Detroit just changed their mics to show the new ABC logo.  They are also using the new ABC logo  in their promotions a lot more.  The issue is their news openings as it still features the old ABC logo.  Scripps need to allow their ABC stations to upgrade to the new ABC logo in their news openings.

Edited by CircleWXYZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vivid Zero added the new O&O weather graphics to their gallery: https://vividzero.com/work/abc-weather/

Considering that nothing else outside of the weather elements have shown up anywhere, plus Vivid Zero has put up a gallery of what's already made it to air, could this mean that the long-rumored new O&O look is just standardized weather graphics and that the "much more to come on this project" simply means that the rest of the O&Os will be adopting it soon???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kfc513 said:

Considering that nothing else outside of the weather elements have shown up anywhere, plus Vivid Zero has put up a gallery of what's already made it to air, could this mean that the long-rumored new O&O look is just standardized weather graphics and that the "much more to come on this project" simply means that the rest of the O&Os will be adopting it soon???

I do see that the gallery description ends with: "Much more to come on this project, stay tuned."

It would be nice to see a station roll out all elements of a new graphics package at the same time instead of doing it piecemeal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kfc513 said:

Vivid Zero added the new O&O weather graphics to their gallery: https://vividzero.com/work/abc-weather/

That's just dumb, a graphics package for weather that completely feels out of place considering all of ABC O&O graphics 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG ABC O&O has got to be the slowest ever in rolling out stuff... This has been going on for way too long.  We've been talking about this for 2 frickin' years and barely 1/2 the stations have flipped to the new weather graphics... 

Edited by MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie
  • Like 2