ABC changing their logo; New graphics coming for ABC owned stations

Briella

18 hours ago, CircleWXYZ said:

Funny that WEWS in Cleveland is still using the old logo, while it’s sister stations in Detroit (WXYZ) and Cincinnati (WCPO) are both now using the new ABC logo.  Just strange.  It’s an WEWS thing in my opinion, not a Scripps thing.

Looks like WEWS is starting to ride the new ABC logo wagon. I'm not making this up. Look at their Facebook avatar. WEWS using the new ABC logo transition has just begun.

WEWS Circle 5 13.png

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 7:17 AM, wabceyewitness said:

The design company has this reel on their website showcasing the work they did for ABC. 

Not their best work, lol!

3F247D70-9336-484A-87E6-A6E6DC7B190B.jpeg

Though I prefer the placement of the ABC bug on KGO and KABC's logos over WABC's, it would be nice for WABC to keep it's ABC bug where it is to maintain some semblance of individuality from the other ABC 7s. It'd be cool if the different ABC 7s made the circles a different color or perhaps a different shade of blue for some uniqueness.  

A bit off topic but, out of curiosity did ABC deliberately go for the channel 7 dial in major markets?

Edited by iron_lion

10 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Though I prefer the placement of the ABC bug on KGO and KABC's logos over WABC's, it would be nice for WABC to keep it's ABC bug where it is to maintain some semblance of individuality from the other ABC 7s. It'd be cool if the different ABC 7s made the circles a different color or perhaps a different shade of blue for some uniqueness.  

A bit off topic but, out of curiosity did ABC deliberately go for the channel 7 dial in major markets?

I’ve always wondered about that as well as the other NBC 4’s, FOX 5 and CBS 2 affiliates.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, iron_lion said:

EVERYTHING we've seen beyond this demo image says that WABC will only modify their logo (identical to the new WLS logo).

And regarding your second point, yes, they coveted the channel 7's. There was a thought that channels 6 and under would eventually be scrubbed, so they pounced on what would've been the lowest/first dial position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, abc7 Man said:

In NY when ABC had an owned radio station, they had 770 which I assume was obtained for the 7’s. WABC is still at 770 today but not owned by ABC anymore.

In 1941, What was WJZ moved from 760 to 770, per FCC frequency realignment.  It was then owned by RCA/NBC and was the flagship of NBC Blue Radio Network.  Later the FCC ruled a company could not own m re than one AM, one FM and one TV station in a market.   NBC spun off the Blue Network as a separate company in 1941.  A year later the Blue Network including WJZ was purchased by Edward Noble, who created ABC from what was the Blue Network.  After merging with  United Paramount Theaters in 1953, ABC changed the call letters to WABC.  In effect, the radio operation was on 770 before the TV operation or even before ABC was born. (source, Wikipedia and a book on NY radio).  I believe I read somewhere ABC did try to get the same channel number for their initial owned stations in NY, Chi, SF and LA.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 1:14 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

I still prefer the extra note in the jingle. Maybe they will bring back the yellow graphics from the late 90's and early 2000's at some point as well.

Last year CBS added a note to their 90s stinger, now ABC takes away a note from their late 90s stinger.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

I am surprised that they weren't able to get the graphics rolled out prior to November sweeps. Sounds like they're still planning to roll out the graphics prior to the new year for at least some stations...

An early Christmas present for the largest stations if we're being realistic 

I’m going to miss the California O&O package (KABC, KFSN and KGO).

Even though there are different colors, variant schemes, different consistencies with the fonts on 3 of the stations, It was the most simplistic look without fancy animations and all the bells and whistles.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Even though there are different colors, variant schemes, different consistencies with the fonts on 3 of the stations, It was the most simplistic look without fancy animations and all the bells and whistles.

I really like the KABC opens best, while I prefer the KGO lowers.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, SFTV said:

Did anyone switch yet 

I'm thinking that's what you're implying 

1 hour ago, nothing said:

Did anyone switch yet 

I'm thinking that's what you're implying 

No one has switched. After more than a decade of a rumored standardized package, it'll be VERY clear when somebody debuts the new look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1