Dari Alexander Out at WNYW?

RealNews18

Wow this has been a long time coming. I thought something was up when Lori added the 6pm.

Now what happens? Does Lori move to nights, and Rosanna get a new co-anchor or does Steve get a new co-anchor at 5 and 10?

8 hours ago, fox5fan said:

Wow this has been a long time coming. I thought something was up when Lori added the 6pm.

Now what happens? Does Lori move to nights, and Rosanna get a new co-anchor or does Steve get a new co-anchor at 5 and 10?

A few possible scenarios:

1. Lori was likely going to add 10 pm duties effectively pushing Dari off the 10

2. Dari would loose both the 5 & 10 and slide into the 6 pm slot, Lori would move off the 6 as well as GDNY and be Steve’s new co-anchor at 5 & 10

3. Dari’s contract was up for renewal and she decided not to renew. 

4. One team (Steve & Lori?) more then likely could do all 3 evening shows 5, 6 & 10 pm)

Of course these are all just scenarios 

I kind of like the 6pm format so I’d hope they don’t change it. The question is does Lori even take over the evening? Or does it go to one of the reporters.. let’s say Taresa Priolo.. I’d think Lori would def boost ratings especially at 5 with a big opportunity.. if so what happens to Good Day? That show def needs a male presence and some new flow back. 

Dari had no presence (for lack of a better term) as an anchor woman. She was just there. The same with Steve, he needs to go too.

I think Lori Stokes should be added to the 5 and 10:00 p.m. broadcast. and they should find another anchor team at 6:00. My personal bias, I don't like it when the same two anchors does the 5, 6 and 10/11. A little mixing and matching is good.

Fox 5 could stand to hire a strong male personality to co-anchor with Rosanna in the mornings, and another solid newsman to anchor with Lori at 5 and 10. As for Good Day Wake Up, I like Reagan Medgie's personality. I think she should have been named co-anchor of Wake Up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, anchorman said:

Stunned she lasted this long in the #1 market. 

On 5/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, anchorman said:

Stunned she lasted this long in the #1 market. 

Absolutely true. She’s shot! At times with the incorrect pronunciations, dazed I realized Lori was that company waterboy who when corporate says “jump” she replies yes sir how high! . 
one time they were making her work back to back she started showing signs of exhaustion. Good day just needs a change! I loved it back from Jim Ryan days!

Archived