Warner Bros. Discovery

Action Newsroom

1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Losing both the Travel Channel and Animal Planet would be a travesty in my opinion as both channels have been staples for decades though.

You haven't watched the Travel Channel in a while, have you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

I don't see this happening with NBCU and WBD merging. That's almost breaking antitrust laws and would lead to several congresspeople asking the DOJ to block it. Also, what would happen to CNN and Turner Sports if this were to go through?

Losing both the Travel Channel and Animal Planet would be a travesty in my opinion as both channels have been staples for decades though.

They'd have to unload a bunch and streamilne.

• Sad 1

I'm not exactly thrilled of the HBO Max/Discovery+ merger into one streaming service.  Business wise, it makes sense.  Content wise, we have to see.  I hope they don't overload on (insert family with multiple kids), "Naked and Afraid" and "My (insert weight) Pound Life."

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

I'm not exactly thrilled of the HBO Max/Discovery+ merger into one streaming service.  Business wise, it makes sense.  Content wise, we have to see.  I hope they don't overload on (insert family with multiple kids), "Naked and Afraid" and "My (insert weight) Pound Life."

Unfortunately, that’s what I’m expecting it to be. David Zaslav ran Discovery by pumping out cheaper, non-scripted stuff, and WBD has already been cutting a lot of original productions on HBO Max.

The rumors about a potential sale to Comcast is definitely in speculation territory, but I don’t think it’s as far-fetched as some might think (the DOJ notwithstanding). I wish I had links, but I remember reading articles (from before the completion of the WBD merger) that talked of a potential sale of the company in the future.

• Like 1