"Fox Funnies"

NewzPimpin

The Fox station here in Memphis, WHBQ, runs a site called "Fox Funnies" (http://foxfunnies.com), which makes fun of politicians in the city.

My question: does a news station have any business poking fun at politicians? The portrayals are slanted towards a certain direction and the criticisms seem a little one sided.

Sounds like FNC is spreading their arm in their pseudo-humor, and in all honesty, a news division of a station/channel should not even get into entertainment or humor, but maybe that's me.

They're simply doing what newspapers do when they do editorial cartoons, which poke fun at politicians and other subjects.

As long as they label it "Commentary/Opinion", what's the problem.

Commentary is usally associated with its individual author; this site says that it is "Brought to you by Fox 13", as if all employees agree with its message.

The Fox station here in Memphis, WHBQ, runs a site called "Fox Funnies" (http://foxfunnies.com), which makes fun of politicians in the city.

My question: does a news station have any business poking fun at politicians? The portrayals are slanted towards a certain direction and the criticisms seem a little one sided.

Well, having family ties to Memphis and visiting there frequently, I know a little bit about the city. Memphis' government is (from everything I hear) corrupt... very corrupt. My family members that live in Memphis are always complaining about the crooks that run that city. So, I'm assuming WHBQ is trying to bring some light to the issues in government there.

However, I don't know how they could justify it if they are giving one-sided opinions, that would be editorializing big time. But like PelicanGuy said, if it's labeled as commentary, then there shouldn't be a problem. It just maybe more commentary than seen in a normal newscast.

Archived