KJRH New Logo

ScottSchell

Well KJRH is updating their logo from what they have used since 2001 to an ugly 2 and dropping the Works For You name as well.  They changed the logo on RoKu, and YouTube, and website but not on social media as of yet.  I put 2 pictures of what will be the new logo and a picture of the current logo not sure when this logo will go on air as of this morning for the morning newscast it's still the current 2.

IMG_20210503_180457.jpg

FB_IMG_1618006068255.jpg

image.jpg

11 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Well KJRH is updating their logo from what they have used since 2001 to an ugly 2 and dropping the Works For You name as well.  They changed the logo on RoKu, and YouTube, and website but not on social media as of yet.  I put 2 pictures of what will be the new logo and a picture of the current logo not sure when this logo will go on air as of this morning for the morning newscast it's still the current 2.

IMG_20210503_180457.jpg

FB_IMG_1618006068255.jpg

image.jpg

YUCK. Very generic looking compared to the former logo.

Totally plain and not memorable.  I'm sorry... I'm no design guru, but it seems like newly designed logos (no matter what company they're for) over the past couple of years are now lacking creativity and a sense of personality.  They are being oversimplified.  I think the more lacking in personality they are, the more the viewer won't remember them.  One example; Petco has fallen victim to this big time.  They overpaid a design firm to pretty much design absolutely nothing for them.  Dumb and a waste of money.  https://www.creativebloq.com/news/modern-logos-boring

I don’t think it’s that bad at all...I think this is another case of freaking out over nothing. It could very easily have been a retro logo, and if it were, people on here would love it.

3 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

I wish they would include the NBC peacock, but other than that, fine by me. In fact, it reminds me of their old "circle 2" logo. Probably just a heavier weight of the same font. 

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/9/99/KJRH_1996.png

They won't be including the NBC peacock because NBC isn't exactly a ratings juggernaut in the market.

Reminds me a bit of the WMAR logo if I'm honest.

9 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

I wish they would include the NBC peacock, but other than that, fine by me. In fact, it reminds me of their old "circle 2" logo. Probably just a heavier weight of the same font. 

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/9/99/KJRH_1996.png

Honestly I'd be okay with the old circle 2 especially since it's still painted on the Doppler on top of the station but I don't even see anything wrong with the logo they have been using for years.

Honestly, I never liked the 2000s-era '2' and thought it was a bad design choice from the beginning because it was both offset at a bad angle and was italic, along with the 2000s 'gloss' that just aged badly in 2D form. I would have rather they went back to the circle 2 myself.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

KJRH is debuting the logo tonight at 5pm they have been spending the past few days switching the banners in the studio to the new logo as well as in front of the station.

45E059EA-60F3-4A9C-A712-71A4293C2BE8.jpeg

4107571A-009D-4E61-B165-863978FF0FF9.png

8E87B627-6864-4749-967E-12B527E7AA24.jpeg

So generic and boring. Like their music and graphics package so it fits, I guess...

1 hour ago, groupwfan said:

At least they STILL show that they’re an NBC station (‘JRH, take note)

No. They specifically pivoted away from NBC branding. And they have no group requirement to include network branding in the station logo.

7 hours ago, dman748 said:

And I did check their Facebook and they're going by KSHB 41 News

I'll be glad to see the 'we're bad at branding so just use the news name awkwardly' trend is beginning to end with them...doubtful WFTS just goes back to "ABC 28", but I have never liked the awkwardness of "Dr. Phil, today at 4 on Newschannel 12'" and such plugs.

Archived