Weigel is launching MeTV Plus

CircleSeven

8 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

LONG before the movement,  I think they actually DID call their secondary MeTV network (that only aired in Chicago) this!

That's why CircleSeven posted it. I'm sure he's familiar. For a short time, MeTV was all comedies, while MeToo only aired dramas. That ended when the former went national.

Could MeTV and MeTV Plus (or MeTV+, though people might think it could be a streaming service since a lot of them have that "+" logo) adapt a format that is either:

• Comedies on one, dramas on the other
  • 1950s through 1970's on one, 1980s through 2000s on the other

It would like when Nick at Nite launched TVLand in 1996.

28 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

Could MeTV and MeTV Plus (or MeTV+, though people might think it could be a streaming service since a lot of them have that "+" logo) adapt a format that is either:

• Comedies on one, dramas on the other
  • 1950s through 1970's on one, 1980s through 2000s on the other

It would like when Nick at Nite launched TVLand in 1996.

At launch, Plus will have a drama-dominant primetime line-up, but the full schedule will be a mix of any and all programming. At this early point, with only 2 markets lined up, they'd be wise to merely serve to supplement the flagship. Get enough stations onboard, and then maybe they could sort by genre. Either way, I wouldn't go by era, as that'd be an obvious rip-off of what Antenna and Rewind are going to be doing.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:20 AM, CircleSeven said:

Here's the full schedule

For the most part its, it's pretty drama heavy. Mostly crime dramas during the week and westerns on the weekends. 

But there's a big comedy block during the daytime on Saturdays. And an animation block in primetime on Sundays.

Smart move for the second Me channel.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, CircleSeven said:

Here's the full schedule

For the most part its, it's pretty drama heavy. Mostly crime dramas during the week and westerns on the weekends. 

But there's a big comedy block during the daytime on Saturdays. And an animation block in primetime on Sundays.

Is Hawaii Five-O really a big enough draw to have it as your entire prime-time weeknight schedule??

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, DENDude said:

Does anyone have a station list for this effort?

I wonder if we are getting one in Evansville, IN. Saw Weigel bought WZDS-LD from HC2. Wouldn't surprise me if they get Me from WFIE.2 and add MeTV Plus and their other subchannels that aren't already on air here.

• 8 months later...

Weigel has turned on WZDS-LD in Evansville. Channel 13.1. They are airing three-hour blocks of Collectors Call (I think from Me-TV). During breaks they show nothing but promos for Me, Decades, Start, and H&I. Waiting to see what happens next. 

Archived