Fox frontrunner for 2nd NHL package (UPDATE: Turner grabbing rights to 2nd NHL package)

Georgie56

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, racefan_09 said:

Kenny Albert and Eddie Olczyk are expected to be Turner’s lead announcing team. NBC has also chosen Albert as the announcer for the Finals for this season.

https://awfulannouncing.com/turner/turner-will-reportedly-pair-kenny-albert-eddie-olczyk-as-top-nhl-broadcast-team.html

Not very surprised. With his Dad calling basketball, why not the son call Hockey?

On 4/29/2021 at 11:30 PM, JCB4TV said:

I wonder that with these new deals that we'll continue to see occasional games produced by TSN & Sportsnet as NBCSN has done on many occasions.

I could see Rogers producing some games on turner not done by Albert/Edzo.

2 hours ago, danderson500 said:

I could see Rogers producing some games on turner not done by Albert/Edzo.

I can see Turner showing occasional Sportsnet games, while ESPN shows some games from TSN.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:30 PM, JCB4TV said:

I wonder that with these new deals that we'll continue to see occasional games produced by TSN & Sportsnet as NBCSN has done on many occasions.

ESPN owns a minority share in TSN so it wouldn't be surprising to see some of the games on ESPN platforms (particularly ESPN+) be produced by TSN.

9 minutes ago, ScottJ said:

ESPN owns a minority share in TSN so it wouldn't be surprising to see some of the games on ESPN platforms (particularly ESPN+) be produced by TSN.

ESPN+ already shows TSN produced NHL games as they, TSN, are the RSN holder for:

Canadiens (English) on TSN2

Jets on TSN3

Maple Leafs on TSN4 (In addition to Sportsnet Ontario)

Senators (English) on TSN5

11 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

ESPN+ already shows TSN produced NHL games as they, TSN, are the RSN holder for:

Canadiens (English) on TSN2

Jets on TSN3

Maple Leafs on TSN4 (In addition to Sportsnet Ontario)

Senators (English) on TSN5

I was referring to the ESPN+ exclusive games that are part of ESPN's new rights deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a side note, it looks like Sportsnet is going to be getting a new NHL set next season; it looks smaller and more conventional in comparison to their current one (which is located at the CBC's headquarters; this one is going to move back to Rogers' Toronto building, so this is probably a cost-cutting move).

2 hours ago, Viper550 said:

On a side note, it looks like Sportsnet is going to be getting a new NHL set next season; it looks smaller and more conventional in comparison to their current one (which is located at the CBC's headquarters; this one is going to move back to Rogers' Toronto building, so this is probably a cost-cutting move).

It's time for a graphics change as well as they haven't been updated since Rogers took over the national rights in 2014. 

• 3 months later...

Archived