One America News Plus to launch as OTA subchannel

zeebre12

3 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Good luck finding stations willing to add it to their distribution. It makes Fox News look moderate by comparison.

There has always been a sub-basement of awful low-power stations which will air anything as long as the check clears, thus why YTA TV, the Family Channel and Rev'n are still somehow things that exist in 2021. And the American News Network of the 2000s (which had music you heard in the GTA games) lasted much longer than it had any right to based on that sub-basement.

The competition is certainly getting to be quite crowded OTA these days, as far as news networks go.  But I think this could be a smart business move on OAN's part.   They certainly have a large audience with plenty of growth potential.  I have a large range of channels on my Spectrum service, and yet I still do not get OAN as of yet...even though I get Newsmax.  So this could be a way to reach people who may still not have full access to their channel.

4 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Good luck finding stations willing to add it to their distribution. It makes Fox News look moderate by comparison.

Au contraire, man. I can easily see some of the "superstations" adding it to their coffers. I can see either WDFL or W16CC-D adding it here. They might feel that it adds value to their subchannel collection by adding it 😂🤣

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

The competition is certainly getting to be quite crowded OTA these days, as far as news networks go.  But I think this could be a smart business move on OAN's part.   They certainly have a large audience with plenty of growth potential.  I have a large range of channels on my Spectrum service, and yet I still do not get OAN as of yet...even though I get Newsmax.  So this could be a way to reach people who may still not have full access to their channel.

The competition is even tougher in OTT outlets like Pluto TV where OAN

Plus sits side by side with a number of other conservative opinion channels- Newsmax, The Blaze, America's Voice, and The First. 

Did The Blaze ever have any OTA coverage? I feel I've clicked around on some site or Wikipedia page where I've seen some kind of conservative talk offering on some low-power station (I want to say somewhere in the southwest?). 

24 minutes ago, PhillyWatch said:

The competition is even tougher in OTT outlets like Pluto TV where OAN

Plus sits side by side with a number of other conservative opinion channels- Newsmax, The Blaze, America's Voice, and The First. 

Did The Blaze ever have any OTA coverage? I feel I've clicked around on some site or Wikipedia page where I've seen some kind of conservative talk offering on some low-power station (I want to say somewhere in the southwest?). 

Pretty sure TVNT's favorite -LP KCTU once carried TheBlazeTV. Now it carries InfoWars.

16 hours ago, zeebre12 said:

One America News Plus to launch as OTA subchannel in Las Vegas and will expand further

Hmmm... an even bigger and free reach for OAN to peddle their fascist, propagandist garbage? Bring it on. Just an even larger excuse to mock and ridicule them.

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

A fringe network with fringe views setting up shop on a fringe tv channel.  Best to let the free market work on this one.

And let's not forget, this is their Plus service, where it's just the best-of their coverage from hours ago. For the real channel if you can't get it on pay-TV, you have to pay for the sketchy cloud TV service they promote that has a bunch of networks you can get for free anyways...except for OAN.

11 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Hmmm... an even bigger and free reach for OAN to peddle their fascist, propagandist garbage? Bring it on. Just an even larger excuse to mock and ridicule them.

Just because you disagree with their viewpoints doesn't mean they're a "fascist."  It's one thing to say you disagree with them, but to go as far as calling them fascists...that's a bit much.

But that's the problem with much of the mainstream media these days.  Instead of presenting a news story in an unbiased way, only one viewpoint/talking point is tolerated while the other viewpoint is either openly rejected or shown in a distorted way.  Unless or until this changes, there will continue to be a market for alternative news outlet options.  

3 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I doubt OAN+ will get a top station in any markerts and be on low-power TV stations, Id sample it just for a laugh as I wouldn't take anything that OAN says seriously.

I don't take anything that FOX "News" says seriously, either.

LMAO - not at OAN, but at you guys. 

The point I've made other times about Sinclair still stands. So 100% of the media has to have a leftist agenda? Not even 1% is allowed to go against the grain?

And don't kid yourself that the media doesn't have a leftist agenda. Except Faux News, and their agenda is neocon, which isn't any better.

The national media is just the propaganda department for the US government and for woke activist groups. They suck.

49 minutes ago, DirtyHarry said:

LMAO - not at OAN, but at you guys. 

The point I've made other times about Sinclair still stands. So 100% of the media has to have a leftist agenda? Not even 1% is allowed to go against the grain?

And don't kid yourself that the media doesn't have a leftist agenda. Except Faux News, and their agenda is neocon, which isn't any better.

The national media is just the propaganda department for the US government and for woke activist groups. They suck.

IF most news outlets are a government mouthpiece, becoming a tin foil hat conspiracy machine like OAN isn't how you combat that to make things right. All it does it add to the lies that you think are coming out of the mainstream.

6 minutes ago, 24994J said:

IF most news outlets are a government mouthpiece, becoming a tin foil hat conspiracy machine like OAN isn't how you combat that to make things right. All it does it add to the lies that you think are coming out of the mainstream.

That's true up to a point, but that Asian chick that was reporting last year from the White House was doing a pretty good job, I think. She was asking the kind of questions the mainstream media should be asking.

I'm not saying that everything the mainstream media reports is propaganda and lies, but enough of it is that I just dismiss them anymore. Name any hot button subject and they're just pushing propaganda. Voter id, for example. If you're too stupid to get an id, you're too stupid to vote. That's just one example, but they take the company line on practically every hot button issue and they flog it to death. That's their worldview and that's why people like me are sick of them.

Immigration is another one. Boo-hoo, look at all those cages (built by Obama but we won't mention that) Trump is shoving kids into. But Biden isn't shoving them into cages. They're just detention facilities.

The national media is garbage. Local media is still pretty decent, I will say. They just don't have the interesting kind of content that you have on the national level

Archived