Newsy to launch as OTA subchannel

CircleSeven

There may be a technical issue with some of Newsy’s INYO Broadcast Holdings-owned affiliates. KOPX 62.7, the network’s Oklahoma City affiliate, is transmitting Newsy’s audio feed but is showing a black screen at the moment, instead of the network’s video feed. I don’t know if any other INYO stations have this issue on their Newsy subchannels.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:19 PM, TexasTVNews said:

Here's the complete list from RabbitEars. DFW is not on list at least not yet.

https://rabbitears.info/search.php?request=network_search&network=Newsy

Lots more stations added to the list in the last 24 hours. HC2 appears to be adding more LD stations fast, and a lot are Newsy. Ex: Evansville's WELW-LD popped up; still CP---not on air yet but listed on Newsy's site on their station directory; albeit they list it in KY, not IN.

Seems nice enough content wise - far better than NewsNet so can’t complain. Nice to see a real national OTA news channel, genuinely surprised NewsNation didn’t try this model out. 

Newsy is shaping into what NewsNation could've been. Grateful to have it available OTA. 

Nitpicky note- it looks like they'll be rerunning their nightly news shows during the day on weekends, but since the new graphics only launched on Friday, the rest of their shows from earlier in the week have a big bite taken out of the L3's by the new bug on the replays. Just a drop in the bucket! 

I'm excited to check them out in their first full week post-relaunch. 

I have to say I continue to be impressed by Newsy - just saw a substantive yet neutral discussion of the school choice issue, with an in-depth interview with Education Secretary Miguel Cardona. NewsNation claims to be neutral but really does have a right slant, while Newsy just gets right to it without platitudes. 

My only concern is that the pacing is maybe a little too leisurely - slower than the  PBS Newshour at points. The discussion segments are quality, but I wish there was a bit more of an upfront news bulletin / reporting focus. Even a ticker would be valuable here. 

But overall this is a great “start” (given that Newsky isn’t exactly new), and I hope they get some traction and can scale more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived