Is FOX "News" a no-news channel now?

bmasters1

3 hours ago, bmasters1 said:

Just noticed that FOX "News" doesn't have a ticker right now-- have you noticed that?

Quotation marks around news? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but do we really need to debate spin and biases here?

And for the record, I hate the slant of Fox just as much as I hate the slants of every other cable news outlet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I thought they removed the ticker during daytime programming.

That could be it-- I think that's the best answer. I got in a frenzy, and assumed the worst-- I appreciate you quoting what I said and reminding me about FOX's daytime program policies.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bmasters1 said:

That could be it-- I think that's the best answer. I got in a frenzy, and assumed the worst-- I appreciate you quoting what I said and reminding me about FOX's daytime program policies.

Thanks again!

You're welcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a democrat and I have always told my other friends who hate on Fox about their journalism and how they can turn it on when they really need to. Example, they called the Election before anyone else did. Yes, the political director was kicked out of the building for telling the truth. But anyway, yes, they do have the chops for a big news story but now with every story having some intertwined political side, they lost their way. So no. It’s not news.  

• Like 7

The last time I alluded to Fox News not being an actual news source (jokingly when their new newsroom debuted), I got screamed, cried and moaned out of the room. My opinion since hasn't changed; in fact, it's been amplified.

You can have news and opinion shows co-exist on the same schedule and some (read: few) of its hosts and news stories over the years are great, knowledgeable and objective. But despite its billion-dollar flashy and style-over-substance look and feel, Fox's laughable slant and obvious and dangerous propaganda make it an untrustworthy joke and attack on true journalism to those aware of them, and a pathetic defense mechanism safe space to whose who aren't.

So yeah, Fox News isn't as much a legit and credible news source as you think, and if you say it is... well, enjoy that R&R on that hill you died on. 

I'll also say this: I'll consider Fox actual news over OAN and Newsmax. Sweet Lord, they're pure godawful shit.

Edited by Action Newsroom
  • Like 7

Faux News hasn't had a good pulse on its viewership since they ran off Roger Ailes. They think the average Faux News viewer worships the ideas of Bill Krystal, the late Charles Krauthammer and the rest of the neocon/globalist contingent, but that has never been the case. Faux's viewership has more sympathies with Rush Limbaugh and Trump than any of the Washington military industrial complex. By putting their thumb on the scale to try and swing the election, they urinated off a big chunk of their viewers. I haven't watched them since the election and I don't intend to.

I need Washington propaganda from the right even less than I need it from the left.

• Like 5

Fox News  as well as CNN & MSNBC are bad for the American public. They provide a hyperbolic sense of urgency to many continually unfolding matters and instill a fear in their viewers of the opposing political side. It's unfortunate that a lot of the less media literate will eat up whatever CNN, MSNBC, and Fox spews. 

What I've also noticed is that many average viewers don't make a distinction between The Fox News Channel, the Fox broadcast network and their local Fox affiliates. Case and point, someone I know questioned why I would watch "Fox News", after I had shared a screenshot of a weather forecast from a local Fox affiliate. 

Similarly, a friend of mine expressed skepticism that a network like Fox (associating it with the Fox News Channel) would air something like "Empire" , unaware that  broadcast Fox had a history of airing urban and (and less conservative oriented) shows like In Living Color, Martin, Living Single and Married With Children.

Interestingly enough big Fox airs shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons which have openly lampooned Fox & Fox News. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other major media entity that lets such sharp in house criticism of its parent corporation go uncensored. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, iron_lion said:

What I've also noticed is that many average viewers don't make a distinction between The Fox News Channel, the Fox broadcast network and their local Fox affiliates. Case and point, someone I know questioned why I would watch "Fox News", after I had shared a screenshot of a weather forecast from a local Fox affiliate. 

Similarly, a friend of mine expressed skepticism that a network like Fox (associating it with the Fox News Channel) would air something like "Empire" , unaware that  broadcast Fox had a history of airing urban and (and less conservative oriented) shows like In Living Color, Martin, Living Single and Married With Children.

I still run into people that think FOX and/or FOX News are owned by Disney. They heard about Disney buying 20th Century, and didn't realize that the purchase excluded FOX and FOX News.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, LoadStar said:

I still run into people that think FOX and/or FOX News are owned by Disney. They heard about Disney buying 20th Century, and didn't realize that the purchase excluded FOX and FOX News.

Does Fox care (at least in my view) that have a brand confusion issue? The news division casting a shadow over the entire entity.   WFXT "Fox 25" in Boston even went as far as to rename themselves "Boston 25" to escape the Fox News associated conservative bias misidentification from viewers. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, iron_lion said:

Does Fox care (at least in my view) that have a brand confusion issue? The news division casting a shadow over the entire entity.   WFXT "Fox 25" in Boston even went as far as to rename themselves "Boston 25" to escape the Fox News associated conservative bias misidentification from viewers. 

I guess they didn't want people thinking their local news was all politics (I would imagine that; I may be incorrect).

Edited by bmasters1

• 2 months later...

The day parts of Fox News is just news other than Fox & Friends, Outnumbered I do miss at least one liberal on the panel & The Five, I like Outnumbered & The Five I watch those Outnumbered daily M-F, The Five every other day 2 or 3 days a week depending on the week this week will be 2. I don't watch prime time opinion shows I will watch Fox News At Night from time to time with Shannon Bream. I don't watch Fox News all day I have other shows I like to watch in the day time. I watch other news channels News Nation a couple of times a week and BBC World News from time to time.

I know the difference from the local Fox & Fox News 2 very different from each other I don't see the local Fox stations across the country changing from Fox seems like insert local Fox whatever number channel in a TV market. Only a few don't use the Fox brand WSVN never has used the Fox brand I knew Boston did that a few years back those are the only 2 I know of that don't use the Fox brand, I'm sure there are a few more that don't use the Fox brand for the local Fox TV station.    

Edited by Megatron81

On 4/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, iron_lion said:

It certainly doesn't help that a portion of the Fox affiliate base is owned by Sinclair. I know the difference easily even with a Fox O&O in WITI (and they do their best to split the difference since they were able to dodge the majority of the Ailes takeover of the O&Os), but one market over where WLUK is now well insulated into their SBG ownership, there's hardly any difference between their local operation and the SBG/FNC must-runs since they're going hard into the current corporate mandate that crime is seriously up everywhere (when it's just more population in the market=more crime).

For a subchannel Fox station though which is mainly all-entertainment (say, WGGB), it's easier to know 'yeah, they just run whatever during this 10 p.m. newscast because it's the Fox daily business rundown where ABC or CBS's report would usually go'.

• Like 2

I’ve always admired Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Bill Hemmer and Chris Wallace for what was a earnest attempt at balanced reporting. As of late they’re starting to show their stripes by entertaining “the steal” conspiracy. 

Interestingly KDFW often (or at least used to) remind viewers that they’re separate from the FNC. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MorningNews said:

I’ve always admired Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Bill Hemmer and Chris Wallace for what was a earnest attempt at balanced reporting. As of late they’re starting to show their stripes by entertaining “the steal” conspiracy. 

Interestingly KDFW often (or at least used to) remind viewers that they’re separate from the FNC. 

Chris is one of the few tolerable ones over there. Shepard Smith was the same until his resignation. Bill seems to be getting a little more far to the right, although probably somewhat better compared to Hannity and Tucker. 

• 2 months later...

Right-wing pundit Piers Morgan, known for unsuccessfully replacing Larry King at CNN, and for its stint at ITV's Good Morning Britain, which took in a more opinionated direction and increasing ratings until his resignation early this year because of unappropiate comments regarding the CBS/ITV Oprah with Meghan and Harry special, is joining Fox News. His new show, produced by News UK (which is launching an equivalent network called talkTV, based in London Bridge, and which will use resources from their radio division and newspapers to rival GB News), will launch next year and will be also broadcast on Sky News Australia.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, G2000 said:

I can't say I'm surprised. I read that he expressed criticism at some of the opinion content that has come out of the organization, so I guess his departure at the end of this contract is the next logical step in the process.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, G2000 said:

Good for him. I wish him the best and I hope he has much better, more content and less volatile tenure with CNN+ as his former employer becomes an even more dark cloud of intentional embellishments, falsehoods and misinformation.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, Action Newsroom said:

Good for him. I wish him the best and I hope he has much better, more content and less volatile tenure with CNN+ as his former employer becomes an even more dark cloud of intentional embellishments, falsehoods and misinformation.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:40 AM, G2000 said:

You know what? I'm glad he left!!! He probably smelled something at FOX News(I smelled it this weekend! And I'm only a viewer!)or found out that FOX really works with CNN and ABC News! Whatever! I'm Done with Fox News!!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Apparently there are no more tickers on anything on FOX "News," not even on America's Newsroom (meaning that the only "news" on there now is an endless loop of "blame Biden," "hate the Democrats," "get Trump back in at all costs," etc.).

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, bmasters1 said:

Apparently there are no more tickers on anything on FOX "News," not even on America's Newsroom (meaning that the only "news" on there now is an endless loop of "blame Biden," "hate the Democrats," "get Trump back in at all costs," etc.).

So they basically just did what MSNBC did. They dumped the tickers as well.

Outside of Bret Baier and Fox News Sunday, their programming has been mostly talk/personality shows for a while. The “newsroom” shows have always been slanted to the right (not explicitly, but in terms of story selection). I don’t like Fox News (or any other American cable news channel for that matter,) but I’m not sure this counts as a drastic change from what they’ve been doing before.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

So they basically just did what MSNBC did. They dumped the tickers as well.

Outside of Bret Baier and Fox News Sunday, their programming has been mostly talk/personality shows for a while. The “newsroom” shows have always been slanted to the right (not explicitly, but in terms of story selection). I don’t like Fox News (or any other American cable news channel for that matter,) but I’m not sure this counts as a drastic change from what they’ve been doing before.

Apparently, based on reactions to my post and this post, I was incorrect-- FOX has not entirely dispensed with the tickers; there is one on Your World with Neil Cavuto.