Motion Graphics agencies that did news graphics in the late 90s?

JosephH1998

On 11/1/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lukelikesgraphics said:

Ok I Have A Question what graphics did KGPE And KGET Run in the 2000s Because KGET Ran Third Coast While KGPE I Believe Extreme? so yeah ok so it was metropolis i was just confirming it 

I believe KGET and KGPE used the same client (Novocom), but they had different graphics in the late 1990s.

1 hour ago, Metrodonmartin said:

KGET’s gfx in the late 90’s through 2009 or so we’re done in house by Eye Street Productions. Their commercial production division. Eye Street also did the same package for KGPE, KCOY and I believe KION. 

Thanks for the help, I appreciate that!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, Metrodonmartin said:

KGET’s gfx in the late 90’s through 2009 or so we’re done in house by Eye Street Productions. Their commercial production division. Eye Street also did the same package for KGPE, KCOY and I believe KION. 

But what about WCBS-TV New York?, Bill Carey was the news director at the time.

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, JosephH1998 said:

Also WPBN/WTOM 7&4 Cadillac/Traverse used a variation of TVbD's famous "Balls and Walls" package, I'm not sure if they used the Media General look when they used Counterpoint as their news package (1998-99)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk0HeMq3jG0

I do recall at least part of the Media General look with Counterpoint. I believe 6 and 11 newscasts used Media General. 5 pm ("First at Five") had different graphics.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, JosephH1998 said:

I wonder which motion graphics agency did the 1995 WPIX 11 News at Ten graphics? (First with the updated "11" logo)

It was Atlantic Motion Pictures who also did the movie opens for WPIX which were used from 1995-2001, also, you forgot about something, in late August of 1997, the Channel 11 News at Ten became the WB11 News at Ten, the graphics remained the same, Bob Tracey became the announcer, also, in April of 1997, the set and newsroom changed its color to blue.

Edited by Matt Jackson
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, Matt Jackson said:

It was Atlantic Motion Pictures who also did the movie opens for WPIX which were used from 1995-2001

How not surprised am I about that? They also did work for ESPN, HBO, Showtime, Speed Channel etc... It was owned by Patrick Egan who passed away last year.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, Matt Jackson said:

also, you forgot about something, in late August of 1997, the Channel 11 News at Ten became the WB11 News at Ten, the graphics remained the same, Bob Tracey became the announcer, also, in April of 1997, the set and newsroom changed its color to blue.

The graphics remained the same alright except that Joe Cioffi's clip had to be changed when the late Sean Kimerling replaced Don Gould as WPIX WB11's weekend sports anchor in December 1997.

https://theresabernstein.newmedialab.cuny.edu/?page_id=4318

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JosephH1998 said:

The graphics remained the same alright except that Joe Cioffi's clip had to be changed when the late Sean Kimerling replaced Don Gould as WPIX WB11's weekend sports anchor in December 1997.

https://theresabernstein.newmedialab.cuny.edu/?page_id=4318

Thanks for showing me the link to the full weekend open, also, the main open used the 1995 version of the 1993 version of the WPIX Custom News Package by Non-Stop Music where several instruments are removed while the weekend open used the 1993 version with all of the instruments intact, prior to that they used the 1995 version until Joe Cioffi succeeded Linda Church in 1996.

Edited by Matt Jackson

On 6/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, Matt Jackson said:

Thanks for showing me the link to the full weekend open, also, the main open used the 1995 version of the 1993 version of the WPIX Custom News Package by Non-Stop Music where several instruments are removed while the weekend open used the 1993 version with all of the instruments intact, prior to that they used the 1995 version until Joe Cioffi succeeded Linda Church in 1996.

Edited Thursday at 08:07 PM by Matt Jackson

But Linda Church returned to WPIX as the weather anchor for "The WB11 Morning News" in 2000, after a 4-year stint at rival WCBS-TV.

Edited by JosephH1998
Modification for comment

1 hour ago, JosephH1998 said:

But Linda Church returned to WPIX as the weather anchor for "The WB11 Morning News" in 2000, after a 4-stint at rival WCBS-TV.

You're right, also, the talent clips of the 1995 and 1998 opens and weekend opens begin with a female anchor.

Edited by Matt Jackson

4 hours ago, cxd7346 said:

EGAD! 
I found this folder in an about-to-be tossed bankers box at the station. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

Egad did both WVIT and WVTM's 1998 looks. Pretty sure they did WVIT's 1996 as well which is why they're on the '97 client list.

On 7/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, cxd7346 said:

IMG_3337.jpeg

Someone speculated over here that EGAD may have been the ones who did the "flying TV screens" syndicated look that was used by KMOV, WLWT, WNYT and others. However, I don't see any stations who used that look on this client list. So it's still a mystery regarding who made those...

On 7/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, cxd7346 said:

EGAD! 
I found this folder in an about-to-be tossed bankers box at the station. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

So Electronic Graphics and Design (EGAD) did work for a number of stations, judging by their client list here.

Edited by JosephH1998
Minor mistake
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, cxd7346 said:

IMG_3337.jpeg

So this might explain that EGAD did graphics for WCAU Philadelphia (the 1997 open) as well as other NBC stations like WSTM Syracuse. Not sure if they did WWBT Richmond's news graphics as well?