YouTube discussion

SoFloTVClassics

Too bad that he closed them. There was some great stuff mixed in on those accounts, not just South Bend IN, but also Midwest and East Coast TV, some newscast samples too.

Latter-Day Saints blocking and yanking videos? That's new. Maybe I should watch out myself and check the AVTB account...

• 8 months later...

The latest to be affected by community guidelines abuse is the Studio 31 Media Archive, which took down all of its newscast videos (despite news being a fair use exception) due to community guidelines violations filed by two Gmail accounts of unknown origin.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

The latest to be affected by community guidelines abuse is the Studio 31 Media Archive, which took down all of its newscast videos (despite news being a fair use exception) due to community guidelines violations filed by two Gmail accounts of unknown origin.

WHAT?? This is so unfair. No way two Gmail idiots just decided to do that. He also mentioned his car being broken, but it’s really sad because I always relied on Studio 31 for everything news. Let’s hope his journey successfully continues.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, your old pal Steve here.

I came back once again to share with you an email that was sent to me from our friend Scott Kimmell regarding some of the post-2010 Hearst Corporation material being taking down from his YouTube channel, including the WGAL material me and a friend donated to him for use on his channel.

Here's his response.

"WGAL filed a copyright takedown of the October 2023 morning news broadcast. This has resulted in a copyright strike. It will be removed in 90 days.

There was no specific part of the video that was targeted, rather it was the entire newscast claimed by WGAL.

To be on the safe side, I have privatized all of the WGAL uploads that stem from after 2010. The earlier broadcasts (1989, 1999, and 2006)
are still up.

I've done similar things to the uploads of the other Hearst-owned stations on my channel, including WLWT, WTAE, WVTM, WISN, WBAL, KSBW, and KQCA.

The copies posted of WGAL and other Hearst stations will remain on the Internet Archive for now, unless I get a notice from them."

Geez, I never expected WGAL and Hearst to force other YouTubers take down some of their videos on YouTube. Makes me wonder if other broadcasters will eventually follow suit.

Edited by stevieboy247

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I avoid posting most newscasts from 2010 and later. Besides, why should I? I collect *VHS and Betamax*, not DVR recordings...

On the other hand, videos will be coming slowly but surely to the AVTB account. There is now a 10-video limit per day, then it forces the account to verify with a QR code or picture or some random thing. I guess the site thinks we're spamming it or something...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

This is why I avoid posting most newscasts from 2010 and later. Besides, why should I? I collect *VHS and Betamax*, not DVR recordings...

On the other hand, videos will be coming slowly but surely to the AVTB account. There is now a 10-video limit per day, then it forces the account to verify with a QR code or picture or some random thing. I guess the site thinks we're spamming it or something...

That's because YouTube has been disabling advanced features for random accounts because of likely the use of adblock.