Despierta America is expanding to Sunday Morning

Gavin

Searchlights already got plans for Univision, including historic plans by expanding a historic Spanish-language morning show that the longest morning show in Spanish-tv. And plans to make history as the first Spanish-language National weekend morning show. Despierta America is expanding to Sunday's in Q4. Kinda reminds me how ABC's Good Morning America, and NBC's Today entered the National weekend morning show landscape in day of the weekend.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/univision-is-expanding-despierta-america-to-sundays/474781/

• 1 month later...

Looks like a good idea. I've always wondered if a Spanish-language morning program will ever make its way into the weekend, especially with how successful DA is. Planeta U, Univision's kids block (8-11am/7-10c) already airs on Saturday mornings, so I currently don't see anywhere to put DA on Saturdays. Sunday mornings are currently filled with infomercials, so it'll be good to fit DA there. It'll fill a void in Univision's programming. I'm wondering how long it'll be, though, and if the same hosts will be used. Al Punto currently airs at 10am/9c/1p, so I'm speculating an 8-10am duration, which will serve as a lead-in to Al Punto. We'll see what happens.

I'm happy to see a Spanish-language network is breaking through with these changes, and I'm definitely looking forward to this new expansion.

Archived