Possible future Hearst graphics look

edladd

I'm not sure why Hearst would want to do an update to their package right now.  Maybe in another couple of years, but that package still looks quite new.  Other station group pkgs haven't aged so gracefully, but Hearst's Diagrid 2.0 pkg still looks really good.  Maybe this is just a variant for promos and such.

2 hours ago, TheRyan said:

I'm not sure why Hearst would want to do an update to their package right now.  Maybe in another couple of years, but that package still looks quite new.  Other station group pkgs haven't aged so gracefully, but Hearst's Diagrid 2.0 pkg still looks really good.  Maybe this is just a variant for promos and such.

I agree.  I really think the current Hearst group package is one of the best out there...definitely more refined than much of what Nexstar or Gray produce. (And exponentially better than Scripps and TEGNA.) 

34 minutes ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

There is not a thing wrong with Hearst’s current graphics or music. It’s aged so well, and in my opinion can still live on for many years to come without seeming dated, if they wanted.

Bahahahahaha! It was well executed. It was dated when it premiered!

Trying to not get off topic... but I think Hearst should concentrate on a groupwide clean-up/redesign of these station logos; they are starting to look tired or dated: KHBS, KSBW, WPBF, KCCI, WLKY, WLWT and WGAL.

• 3 months later...

I don't see Hearst doing a second update to the diagrid graphics (or diagrid 3.0).  If anything, I'd probably see a new package from scratch being rolled out, and that won't be for another few years at least.  Also, by the time Hearst does introduce new graphics, I see a different music package coming with the new graphics. 

I say this because I've only seen one update to an existing graphics package before an entirely-new package gets rolled out:

• Camera 1.0 – introduced in 1995, Image News package

• Camera 2.0 – an updated version of the camera graphics introduced in 1998, newer cuts of Image News although some stations used the B Package (now Revolution), L3s from camera 1.0 were carried over until new L3s were introduced in late 1999/early 2000, Hearst TV News Music Package introduced in late 2003

• There was another variant of the camera graphics which was only used by KITV & WMUR

• Rings – introduced in 2004, Hearst TV News Music Package carried over from the later days of camera 2.0, I believe that KOCO didn't start using the NewsMusic Central package until they switched from camera 2.0 to these graphics

• Floating logo – an update to the rings package but now using a transparent 3D rendition of the station's logo in place of the rings, with some newer cuts of the Hearst TV News Music Package; some stations used their own renditions of these graphics (e.g. KOCO).  The package was introduced in 2007

• Diagrid 1.0 – debuted in 2012, music is now Strive by InTheGroove (unlike the NewsMusic Central package, Strive was introduced along with the rollout of the diagrid graphics, not before)

• Diagrid 2.0 – updated version introduced in early 2018, w/ newer cuts of Strive

Archived