WXXV new set

NWA_TV_guy

On 3/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, brb588 said:

The cubicle are not the problem for me. It is all of that fake looking wood and weird duratrans. It's straight up 2000's.

The fake wood set looks like something that either a pre-Media General Young Broadcasting-owned station or Nexstar-owned station from the mid-late 2000s would've used...

On 3/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, LexTVandRadio said:

Any other stations left to get a new set? WMGT?

Now Morris can sell the stations. 😉

All WMGT appears to be is a chroma key shot of the Macon skyline behind a background that looks a lot like the ABC version of the Nexstar package (even though they have the Morris Graphics otherwise).

I agree with the others, the set is about a decade-behind in design with the wood and the duratrans backdrops.  And from what i've seen in recent days, some of the shots are still very overexposed, especially on their interview set, something an adjustment of the iris should easily fix given that the lighting is adequate. 

It's definitely a workflow change from going all chroma key to actual set since shots now have some depth and manual variety to them, espcially with a station like WXXV that has largely known no other way since their relaunch in 2013 was all virtual set.

Archived