WYFF New channel?

Austin Tripp

I Would think maybe True Crime Network or H&I (Heroes & Icons), those seem to be  the big sub channel affiliations that Hearst has for most of there stations.  WYFF is already carrying MeTV.  

With that said--let us know what pops up on that channel. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Many of their stations still only have one subchannel, so this could be one of those channel-leasing deals to make some more $$$$$$. 

I don't have a problem with it if they only have one other subchannel (all of them otherwise have MeTV); it's never going to be promoted on the station itself, it'll be bit-starved to a contractual minimum, and they get money for it, and usually it can't get carried on cable because ShopeLC already buys five channel slots on a lineup there too. In these times, just take the money rather than packing the regular DT1 schedule with infomercial festivals.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Looking around at the Hearst stations on RabbitEars.info, It looks like WDSU and WLWT have picked up ShopLC.🙄

Many of their stations still only have one subchannel, so this could be one of those channel-leasing deals to make some more $$$$$$. 

Yep. Sounds about right. I guess Hearst needed the money...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I don't have a problem with it if they only have one other subchannel (all of them otherwise have MeTV); it's never going to be promoted on the station itself, it'll be bit-starved to a contractual minimum, and they get money for it, and usually it can't get carried on cable because ShopeLC already buys five channel slots on a lineup there too. In these times, just take the money rather than packing the regular DT1 schedule with infomercial festivals.

Yep, it's a smart business move. If you've got the channel space, might as well put it to use if you can make some money off it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Wow. They absolutely know how to use bandwidth correctly. Got a 1080i? A 720p? Both? A 480i on top of that? Here's the solution: Add. More. Subchannels.

I expected it to be bit-starved because of hosting WSTR's 1.0 signal...but it actually uses more bandwidth than the MeTV sub on 5.2, same with WISN. You'd think a channel which consists mainly of still graphics and mainly still close-ups of jewelry wouldn't need so much bandwidth (WISN thankfully has a 12 Mbps picture on the main channel).

image.thumb.png.6e50a7727b37bfa72e4b71c53bbfcfa8.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, kfc513 said:

ShopLC went live on WLWT 5.3 as of Friday, April 30.

...and now they're getting rid of it.

WLWT is running a crawl on there saying that they will stop carrying ShopLC on April 30th, exactly one year later.

Edited by kfc513

On 3/14/2021 at 3:58 AM, AJClementeFan69 said:

Yep, it's a smart business move. If you've got the channel space, might as well put it to use if you can make some money off it.

Unless you are Morris, you don't have the space, but do it anyways. Hard to watch sports on ABC here in Lexington. I am waiting on a 36.9

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 11.46.54 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 5:59 AM, kfc513 said:

...and now they're getting rid of it.

WLWT is running a crawl on there saying that they will stop carrying ShopLC on April 30th, exactly one year later.

ShopLC has also been dropped from WYFF 4.3, after one year. Apparently the contract ran out and Hearst did not renew. However Story remains on 4.4, but 4.3 has disappeared.

• Like 2