Piers Morgan out at Good Morning Britain

hfiles

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

WOW that was fast. I just thought he would've been suspended a few days and then back to business as usual. 

Given that there's been around 41,000 complaints to Ofcom (plus a lot of backlash), it could've been something along the lines of Piers giving his immediate resignation, or the head of ITV saying "Piers, we're forcing you to resign".

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

Split this out...expecting a good bit of chatter.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if this should be a whole new thread or not.

I'm curious to see how they handle this on the show tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Anyone know how the rest of the show went once he stormed off? Did Charlotte move over from news to help Susanna out?

From what I was told, he came back at 7am.

In terms of this news... Bye Felicia.

I mean, he was just bragging about how good Monday's ratings were on twitter (albeit, still trailing BBC)... Was it an act or stunt to walk off? It certainly got clicks and views...

I'm not defending him in the least- as you give you shall receive, and karma is a dish best served cold.

Could you imagine that happening on Today, GMA, or CTM? I mean, even Kelly Ripa kept the drama queen act off camera...

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1369234970955423749

Archived