Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

The Turmoil Saga of NewsNation


Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2021 at 11:59 AM, dabx said:

Would it be a bad idea if Nexstar were to take the best of Banfield and air it on their broadcast stations? It could be just one hour on the weekend. During the program they would promote NewsNation and where it can be found within the local broadcast market - I picked Banfield because it is not a time sensitive  content program

I was thinking the same thing -- even airing it in late-late night or next-day, since it's not necessarily a "nighttime" show. Between the little I watch of NN and the fact that I'm off to bed at 9p CT, I catch Banfield reruns on weeknight prime time on WG, er, NN. I've crushed on Ashleigh since she was on MSNBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe someone can help me here but I fail to understand these broad doomsday statements. Saying that "NewsNation has lost a majority of its staff" is simply not true. There are about 150 people on sta

I am so mad. I don’t understand why you have a network named NewsNation which brags about the newsrooms you have across the country and be showing syndicated programming during one of the worst storms

I hate to say it, but you know who is the one free agent that would save this channel?   Lou Dobbs.

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...

On Balance with Leland Vittert is debuting at 8pm ET and NewsNation Early Edition is rebranding to NewsNation: Rush Hour beginning July 19th. 

 

Here's the article

 

So now that only leaves one hour of Prime before Banfield. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 11:47 AM, Sendir said:

How have the ratings been with the new lineup?

Not sure how reliable this site is but here's some numbers, and they aren't good. https://ctv.kwayisi.org/networks/wgn/

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

On Balance with Leland Vittert is debuting at 8pm ET and NewsNation Early Edition is rebranding to NewsNation: Rush Hour beginning July 19th. 

 

Here's the article

 

So now that only leaves one hour of Prime before Banfield. 

No surprise to see Leland getting a show, the "On Balance" immediately made me think of the "Fair & Balanced" branding his former employer used, not a big fan of the "Rush Hour" branding either. Anyone else wondering if Prime's days are numbered? and if so what would they do with Rob and Marni? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 12:47 PM, Sendir said:

How have the ratings been with the new lineup?

I'll just be the remaining "entertainment" shows outpace the news shows by a longshot....

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

I'll just be the remaining "entertainment" shows outpace the news shows by a longshot....

Better question would be how does NN's numbers compare to once upon a time when WGNA just simulcasted WGN's Noon and 9pm news?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Better question would be how does NN's numbers compare to once upon a time when WGNA just simulcasted WGN's Noon and 9pm news?

Likely far less, but it would be an apples to oranges comparison IMO since those newscasts haven’t aired on the former WGNA since 2014.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Better question would be how does NN's numbers compare to once upon a time when WGNA just simulcasted WGN's Noon and 9pm news?

Not really a relevant comparison. As @mightynine mentioned, many years have passed since that simulcast was aired. In that time, the cable ratings landscape has radically diminished. It is also not a great comparison from a revenue standpoint as you can't generate national ad buys in the national simulcast of a local newscast. So even if NewsNation's ratings are not as good (and they probably aren't), the revenue is much improved. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, jrogo said:

Anyone else wondering if Prime's days are numbered? and if so what would they do with Rob and Marni? 


I wouldn’t be surprised if they move Rob, Marni (and Albert) to the upcoming morning show. It’s clear having an evening newscast isn’t working for them.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jase said:


I wouldn’t be surprised if they move Rob, Marni (and Albert) to the upcoming morning show. It’s clear having an evening newscast isn’t working for them.

I somewhat agree with this. I can definitely see Rob moving to the upcoming morning show and working with Adrienne. Marnie has actually been doing a good job anchoring Prime on her own the past week or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How low do you think the upcoming morning program's ratings are going to be in relation to in the heat of the night & blue bloods reruns?   Right now things don't look so good for the rest of there news programing.  Yikes!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, carolinanews4 said:

It is also not a great comparison from a revenue standpoint as you can't generate national ad buys in the national simulcast of a local newscast. So even if NewsNation's ratings are not as good (and they probably aren't), the revenue is much improved. 

Fair point- I had not considered that. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 8:23 PM, DENDude said:

How low do you think the upcoming morning program's ratings are going to be in relation to in the heat of the night & blue bloods reruns?   Right now things don't look so good for the rest of there news programing.  Yikes!

Better than In Heat Of The Night not sure on Blue Bloods thou.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two big pieces of NewsNation programming updates revealed today:

 

  • Adrienne Bankert will anchor the new morning block, "Morning in America", from 7-10 AM EST starting September 27.
  • ABC News Chief Legal Analyst and A&E host Dan Abrams will anchor a new program, "Dan Abrams Live", from 8-9 PM EST starting September 27. Ultimately, this will reduce NewsNation Prime to just 1 hour, from 9-10 PM EST. Abrams will continue to serve as Chief Legal Analyst for ABC News.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually liked Dan’s show on MSNBC back in the day.

 

I just don’t understand how this channel can be successful without a streaming option…why is Nexstar putting all this money in a cable channel? I mean can’t they at least offer it over the air to it’s affiliates sub channels? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ddaniels20 said:

Two big pieces of NewsNation programming updates revealed today:

 

  • Adrienne Bankert will anchor the new morning block, "Morning in America", from 7-10 AM EST starting September 27.
  • ABC News Chief Legal Analyst and A&E host Dan Abrams will anchor a new program, "Dan Abrams Live", from 8-9 PM EST starting September 27. Ultimately, this will reduce NewsNation Prime to just 1 hour, from 9-10 PM EST. Abrams will continue to serve as Chief Legal Analyst for ABC News.

 

Interesting. So On Balance with Leland Vittert that is debuting today is most likely just keeping the 8pm hour seat warm for Dan.

 

I get with a new network there's going to be a lot of changes but damn it's hard to keep up now with what they're offering. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spring Rubber said:

I see on weekends that NewsNation Prime runs from 7-9pm ET and Banfield at 9pm ET. Has it been like that the past few months, or did they bump the weekend lineup an hour earlier?

No. The weekend schedule has been like that since Banfield started in March of this year (that was the month of the first expansion of programming and the rebrand of WGN America to NewsNation).......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Abrams show is a weekly show and launches Sept 27th a Monday. I am thinking its just going to be a Monday night show at 8pm. On Balance will be Tues-Fri

 

Some sites are stating Dan Abrams will be a weekly show and others weeknights. 

Edited by Drew
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.