The Turmoil Saga of NewsNation

TVLurker

Don't forget there have been controversial hires made at NewsNation, especially with some coming from Fox News and that one ABC exec who seems to find himself in the news more than covering it.

• Like 2

NewsNation could’ve easily simulcasted WGN’s live coverage. WGN is one of the top news stations in the country, why not tap into that resource?

MSNBC and NBC news now utilized WMAQ (NBC5) effectively. ABC News Had WLS’ (ABC7) coverage. CBS had WBBM (CBS2)

Where was NN????

Granted it was July 4th & we realize that staffing numbers were low, but This story literally is in your backyard!! and you are still MIA as far as news coverage!

NN the writing is on the wall…

• Like 6

3 hours ago, NYPhillynews said:

NewsNation could’ve easily simulcasted WGN’s live coverage. WGN is one of the top news stations in the country, why not tap into that resource?

MSNBC and NBC news now utilized WMAQ (NBC5) effectively. ABC News Had WLS’ (ABC7) coverage. CBS had WBBM (CBS2)

Where was NN????

Granted it was July 4th & we realize that staffing numbers were low, but This story literally is in your backyard!! and you are still MIA as far as news coverage!

Sook does not care if the writing is on the wall or not. At long as there's cash to suck from the Nexstar stations, NN will live on, as a parasite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NYPhillynews said:

Where was NN????

Didn't want to give up the cushy 100,000+ extra viewers Blue Blood delivers!

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, NYPhillynews said:

WMAQ, WLS and WBBM (I'm sure WFLD too, didn't check them because Peacock, CBSN and ABC are fast to access) definitely had all hands on deck...even the stations from Milwaukee were covering it in full, with WISN sending their chopper into Illinois. There's no excuse for NN to not have covered this outside Paramount Global apparently having them by the you-know-whats to fulfill that Blue Bloods contract.

Just throw the syndication deals at Reelz, Ovation, INSP...anyone that counts as 'cable', and call it a day with entertainment programming already.

• Like 5

...Or Nexstar is trying to kill off the network. 

After her disastrous stint on Megyn Kelly Today, all she has to do is say the wrong thing, and she can be the scapegoat...er...savior and WGN America will be back so fast, Bozo the Clown and Matlock reruns won't know what to do with themselves....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Chris Cuomo sat down for an interview with Dan Abrams, it will air on News Nation on Tuesday the 26th.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/chris-cuomo-grants-first-tv-interview-since-cnn-firing-to-newsnations-dan-abrams/511414/

So IMO they want to hire Chris but aren't sold on him yet, by having Chris report on Ukraine and do this interview they get to test the waters, Chris will position it as "I'd do anything for my family and so would you", he'll admit it was poor judgment but is committed to "the facts and getting after it", all of those things he's previously used as a defense. I fully expect Dan to throw softballs and help Chris look good which is what NN wants. 

I also expect News Nation to hire Megyn Kelly, her YouTube show pulls in thousands to hundreds of thousands of views, putting her up against Tucker (8P ET) would make sense. She had Dan Abrams on her show 2 days ago, Megyn recently came to her senses and changed her stance on the 2020 election which I'm sure helped her case with Nexstar.

Megyn at 8 and Chris at 9 or 10 would draw in viewers, and get people talking, I could see them moving Dan & Ashleigh around with Marni leaving the network (maybe CBS News streaming would be a good fit for her?). For those of you who say Chris has no credibility, just go look at his social media, its filled with comments similar to "I'd do the same", "we need you back", "family first", a good amount of people couldn't care less about what he did, NewsNation will rebrand him and limit his news coverage until its rehabbed. CNN's 9PM is still undecided and Alex Wagner hasn't started yet over on MNSBC at 9PM, leaving a void for someone to fill, name recognition with hard aggressive discussion/coverage will be the big draw.

And let's be real, Megyn Kelly and Chris Cuomo anchoring election coverage run by the former director of elections at Fox, would be something to see and right now News Nation & Nexstar just want people to talk about them and generate buzz, even if it costs them millions. 

Edited by jrogo
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jrogo said:

Megyn at 8 and Chris at 9 or 10 would draw in viewers, and get people talking, I could see them moving Dan & Ashleigh around with Marni leaving the network (maybe CBS News streaming would be a good fit for her?). For those of you who say Chris has no credibility, just go look at his social media, its filled with comments similar to "I'd do the same", "we need you back", "family first", a good amount of people couldn't care less about what he did, NewsNation will rebrand him and limit his news coverage until its rehabbed. CNN's 9PM is still undecided and Alex Wagner hasn't started yet over on MNSBC at 9PM, leaving a void for someone to fill, name recognition with hard aggressive discussion/coverage will be the big draw.

And let's be real, Megyn Kelly and Chris Cuomo anchoring election coverage run by the former director of elections at Fox, would be something to see and right now News Nation & Nexstar just want people to talk about them and generate buzz, even if it costs them millions. 

So we’ve officially gone from “all facts, no opinion” to “here’s every rejected, big-mouth talk show host with an opinion that didn’t even attract good ratings on the big networks. Also, Blue Bloods.”

Social media sycophants do not create credibility. If that’s the case, then you might as well say that Alex Jones is a credible journalist because people like him on social media. It should not be surprising that Chris Cuomo’s social media comments are filled with people who could care less about journalistic ethics. Twitter has a block button, and it would not surprise me if Chris uses it.

As for Megyn Kelly, she has under 500k subs on YouTube. That’s respectable, but compared to other current affairs channels out there, it pales in comparison. If she can’t generate more subscribers on YouTube despite her fame, she won’t magically generate viewers for a network with distribution/content/editorial/behind the scenes issues from the beginning.

Long story short, Nexstar will spend 8 figures to make 7. Oh well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

if I wanted to watch them again, it will only be from 6-10am, 5-7pm and whenever the hell Prime is on, but now that program is in danger if Megyn Kelly officially joins. Plus, I'm not sure if the 11pm hour will be even better.

I feel so bad for Marni Hughes. Just like Rudabeh Shahbazi, I hope she gets to leave soon and escape from this madness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DENDude said:

So basically News Nation is the reject news channel?  Interesting approach.  And so much for "NO OPINION, JUST NEWS" programing.   😂

Just when you think things can't get any more worse at News Nation than what it is already been....

• Like 3

Honestly it was better when it was the WGN Superstation. 

Simulcast the WGN Morning News and 9pm news again. Run Blue Bloods and ITHOTN reruns during the day. I’m sure that’ll get them higher ratings than what they’re getting now.

Problem solved. Money & dignity saved. 

• Like 8

Meanwhile, Nexstar is still forcing their affiliates to have their footage credited as "NewsNation" when sent to their respective affiliate news services.

Case in point, the deputy who was shot in Clark County, Ohio...the footage was likely shot by WDTN.

Will it ever see the light of day on NewsNation itself?  Or is it just another way to boost the ego of this "news" operation in it's futile quest for more viewers?

• Like 2