The Turmoil Saga of NewsNation

TVLurker

5 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I wonder if they've been considering getting Robin Meade?

As soon as she was let go I thought about this. Perfect to bump their morning ratings as they only get 30-45k households watching each morning. 

• Like 1

"from a new state-of-the art New York City studio."

Is this going to also be in the WPIX space? A different set from where Abrams and Cuomo are already doing their shows?

Seems like Nexstar sure blew a lot of money building out the Chicago studios for NewsNation, seeing as most new shows are originating out of New York these days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marni and Leland's shows are the only ones that still originate from the main Chicago studio, right? And everything else that's still from Chicago originates from the newsroom set?

2 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

"from a new state-of-the art New York City studio."

Is this going to also be in the WPIX space? A different set from where Abrams and Cuomo are already doing their shows?

Seems like Nexstar sure blew a lot of money building out the Chicago studios for NewsNation, seeing as most new shows are originating out of New York these days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marni and Leland's shows are the only ones that still originate from the main Chicago studio, right? And everything else that's still from Chicago originates from the newsroom set?

The main studio for both WPIX and NewsNation has been under construction since last June, so maybe it will finished by April - currently Abrams and Cuomo are done in the WPIX auxiliary studio

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I wonder if they've been considering getting Robin Meade?

Would Nexstar be able to accommodate her with an Atlanta facility?

tbh I wouldn’t be surprised Gray hired her for WANF-WPCH once her noncompete ends. She’d be ideal for an old-school lifestyle talk show that can be syndicated throughout the chain and they’d have the facilities for it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Myron Falwell said:

Would Nexstar be able to accommodate her with an Atlanta facility?

tbh I wouldn’t be surprised Gray hired her for WANF-WPCH once her noncompete ends. She’d be ideal for an old-school lifestyle talk show that can be syndicated throughout the chain and they’d have the facilities for it.

I can see WOIO/WUAB carrying that show.

Having Robin with Gray makes more sense than with Nexstar/NN.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Elizabeth Vargas and Dan Abrams at the same ho-hum network. Oh joy! I bet she doesn't get 100K viewers on night 1. Maybe not even 75K. The time to start this network has definitely passed - like 20 years ago. It could have been more successful in the pre-streaming days.

In every aspect it’s an outright failure that has been both continually rejected by the marketplace AND bested by other broadcast chains with better now non-cable concepts… and yet it still makes money.

Only In America…

On 1/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, Myron Falwell said:

In every aspect it’s an outright failure that has been both continually rejected by the marketplace AND bested by other broadcast chains with better now non-cable concepts… and yet it still makes money.

Only In America…

It's a loss leader for all of the money Uncle Perry extracts from pay TV providers for their local TV stations.  Still, that profit is likely a drop in the bucket compared to all of the debt they're carrying around....

• Like 1

I've only watch News Nation once. It seemed like a decent product and it looked very professional, but there was no kind of a hook to get me to tune back in. At the end of the day, I need something a little over the top to keep my attention and there was nothing there to get me to tune back in again.

My ideal news channel would be a Jerry Springer News Channel. That is, Jerry Springer with the fighting, not the new and improved Jerry Springer when they toned it down.

I'm only half kidding here.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DirtyHarry said:

My ideal news channel would be a Jerry Springer News Channel. That is, Jerry Springer with the fighting, not the new and improved Jerry Springer when they toned it down.

I'm only half kidding here.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

Okay... now I feel like we're just throwing crap at a wall to see what sticks... and I don't like it.

NewsNation reached that when they trotted out “Truck Week” twice like it was supposed to be a Late Night with David Letterman running gag.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, CLETVFan said:

I can see parts of NewsNation seen on The CW in the future.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see affiliates owned by Gray, Scripps, Sinclair and CBS just refuse to carry any NewsNation cramdowns over the CW by Nexstar. Scripps can simulcast Scripps News, CBS has the “Now” hybrid newscasts, Sinclair has TND and Gray stations have a sizable commitment to local news.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

NewsNation correspondent Evan Lambert was arrested on disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing charges after conducting a live report on the train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio while Gov. Mike DeWine was conducting a press conference on the derailment. DeWine later disclosed he did not authorize the arrest, which if true, would suggest officers acted (and overreacted) on their own.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

Obviously, this is 100% wrong and unjustified, especially with what the Governor said. And no reporter should bare that.

But with all the bad stuff that they've been doing, specifically with Perry Shook and his actions inside and outside NewsNation, you can say this was karma. 

• Confused 1
  • Thought-Provoking 1