KDKA TV Getting Ready For New Graphics!

Ryan

I've noticed for the past week or so when the KDKA News Opens play they no longer do the transition effect they just do a dissolve... Could this be something new they're doing or in the works? I haven't paid attention to any of the other CBS O&O's. If I can, I'll post an example.

Examples would be nice to see, since little hints have been seen here and there, but haven't let to anything, yet. We've had an on and off discussion going here. I'm linking to the most recent post...

On 3/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, Ryan said:

I've noticed for the past week or so when the KDKA News Opens play they no longer do the transition effect they just do a dissolve... Could this be something new they're doing or in the works? I haven't paid attention to any of the other CBS O&O's. If I can, I'll post an example.

Here it is...

43 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Here it is...

Although following trends this would be an indicator along with whatever disgusting alternation to the CBS Package they have currently, the current package transitions are still present in the current system, it’s safe to say them getting new graphics isn’t a strong indication by what is present in this video.

Yeah I agree, I don't think this is really an indicator of a change to come.

I still think the new CBS Weekend News open is a stronger indicator. (Or maybe it's that I want it to be.)

Off-topic, but I like Enforcer as a theme by itself. But I also think it's long in the tooth in all of the current opens. BUT I also hate the new cut that's currently used by KCNC. I'm basically more than excited to see what CBS will do next and hope they just make sensible changes. 

46 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Yeah I agree, I don't think this is really an indicator of a change to come.

I still think the new CBS Weekend News open is a stronger indicator. (Or maybe it's that I want it to be.)

Off-topic, but I like Enforcer as a theme by itself. But I also think it's long in the tooth in all of the current opens. BUT I also hate the new cut that's currently used by KCNC. I'm basically more than excited to see what CBS will do next and hope they just make sensible changes. 

I have told this to the CSD again and again, but no one there knows how to edit themes. He's not exactly playing with the edit creatively. Playing a cut straight through is a bad idea.

14 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ugh. That is awful!

I love the transitions for the stories, why can't they just keep it like it was? I know for the breaking news open they use these opens... I thought ok... They messed up... Or the director was on vacation and the guy filling in forgot to put the transition. Sloppy,..

KPIX is using new title card graphics for its sports with the roll out of the CBS network graphics.  Not sure if it’s a tool kit or in-house but it’a good updated look.

however the new KPIX logo on the sports graphic and on the monitors during the newscasts doesn’t have the gold 5 anymore besides the bug on the corner

On 3/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, SFTV said:

KPIX is using new title card graphics for its sports with the roll out of the CBS network graphics.  Not sure if it’s a tool kit or in-house but it’a good updated look.

however the new KPIX logo on the sports graphic and on the monitors during the newscasts doesn’t have the gold 5 anymore besides the bug on the corner

I noticed that!!

On 3/9/2021 at 7:13 PM, TexasTVNews said:

Why can't they just call it "KDKA CBS 2 News" or at least bring back the "Eyewitness News" name.

Noooo  every tv station doesn't need to be name CBS 2 NEWS that too generic. Eyewitness News is fine and KDKA TV News is ok, however no CBS 2.  A Television Station/Network shouldn't be lax on creativity.

On 3/11/2021 at 1:05 PM, Breaking News said:

Noooo  every tv station doesn't need to be name CBS 2 NEWS that too generic. Eyewitness News is fine and KDKA TV News is ok, however no CBS 2.  A Television Station/Network shouldn't be lax on creativity.

Creativity costs money. CBS doesn't like to spend money. Few stations do. That's why creative services are going down the toilet.

Archived