3 hours ago, tylerSC said:

At 4:00 they were in the new studio. But still old FOX graphics and FOX46 branding. Maybe they did have last minute change of mind. We'll see. As for the studio, so far it has a big monitor wall behind the desk with what may be a live cam pic of the Charlotte skyline. Need to see a bit more.

From this vid you can see parts of the set. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been a little over three months. I really don't see how the timetable of a new set could possibly portend the sale of a station. I also think it is unfair to say that this is a product of poor

Uh. No... I have inside information indicating that Nexstar is actively investing in WJZY & WMYT. They are planning to keep it.

UPDATE: Just read on the Nexstar channel on Discord that the new set/studio is coming in September.  It’s likely coming with a total rebrand, and they have added staff. They could even be adding on to

Posted Images

6 hours ago, tylerSC said:

At 4:00 they were in the new studio. But still old FOX graphics and FOX46 branding. Maybe they did have last minute change of mind. We'll see. As for the studio, so far it has a big monitor wall behind the desk with what may be a live cam pic of the Charlotte skyline. Need to see a bit more.

I did notice during the weather segment that the radar and futurecast maps have the Lato font that the Nexstar Packages are using...

So are they going to give us a tour or be hush hush about it like it’s any normal day like KPIX did when they debuted their remodeled set with no mention whatsoever. 

Unreported in this thread up to this point.

But remember how they had a General Manager opening a few months ago? They now have one.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210914005878/en/Nexstar-Media-Inc.-Names-Lloyd-Bucher-as-Vice-President-and-General-Manager-of-Its-Broadcast-and-Digital-Operations-in-Charlotte-North-Carolina

So expect things to be status quo a little while longer.   Hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle, and any transition into the new look and branding is well coordinated between Nexstar and the new GM.

Then again, his predecessor didn't last too long in Charlotte.  He was only hired in June of LAST YEAR...

https://tvnewscheck.com/business-revenue/article/ron-romines-new-vp-gm-of-wjzy-wmyt/

Why the short tenure?

Nexstar decided to bump him up to a SVP/regional manager.

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/nexstar-media-promotes-ron-romines-to-svp-and-regional-manager

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Ron Romines promotion
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Unreported in this thread up to this point.

But remember how they had a General Manager opening a few months ago? They now have one.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210914005878/en/Nexstar-Media-Inc.-Names-Lloyd-Bucher-as-Vice-President-and-General-Manager-of-Its-Broadcast-and-Digital-Operations-in-Charlotte-North-Carolina

So expect things to be status quo a little while longer.   Hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle, and any transition into the new look and branding is well coordinated between Nexstar and the new GM.

Then again, his predecessor didn't last too long in Charlotte.  He was only hired in June of LAST YEAR...

https://tvnewscheck.com/business-revenue/article/ron-romines-new-vp-gm-of-wjzy-wmyt/

Why the short tenure?

Nexstar decided to bump him up to a SVP/regional manager.

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/nexstar-media-promotes-ron-romines-to-svp-and-regional-manager

I highly doubt that's why the attempt to change the branding has not been made. It's a market research reason.  

On 9/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, SFTV said:

So are they going to give us a tour or be hush hush about it like it’s any normal day like KPIX did when they debuted their remodeled set with no mention whatsoever. 

So far we have only seen a limited view of the 2 anchors sitting at the main desk in front of the big monitor screen that shows a live view of the skyline. Would be nice to see more of the set. And perhaps they will eventually use the nice monitor wall seen in that above YouTube video. Seems to be a slow transition so far without any publicity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 3:52 AM, tylerSC said:

So far we have only seen a limited view of the 2 anchors sitting at the main desk in front of the big monitor screen that shows a live view of the skyline. Would be nice to see more of the set. And perhaps they will eventually use the nice monitor wall seen in that above YouTube video. Seems to be a slow transition so far without any publicity.

And I am not sure why they spent all the time and money building a nice new set only to have the talent doing live stand up shots from the parking lot and calling it a "satellite center." You can see the big dishes in the background. But seems a bit phony baloney to me. We never see any wide shots from inside the studio, nor the use of monitor walls or any other aspects of the new set. Just the tight shot of the 2 anchors in front of the video wall. Seems like they would showcase more.

And a bit confusing as they are still using the FOX46 branding but some of the promos say FOX Charlotte. Looks like they can't make up their mind. But I would prefer them to remain FOX46.

• Like 1

Yeah I said in the past Nexstar is a mess. They replaced a barely 4 year news set because it was built by FTS. Let a boatload of talent to leave more any other station in the market in the past 18 months after years of work establishing their on-air news talent. Unnecessarily changed the website domain from "fox46charlotte.com" to "fox46.com". Now confusing branding, they wasting time with this bullsh*t attempt with those whack a** Nexstar graphics & "Fox Charlotte" branding, which are both trash, because they want to attempt to "de-foxify" the station identity and appearance. When sports programming is on they use the FTS-style "FOX 46 CHARLOTTE" logo with the "WJZY-TV BELMONT-CHARLOTTE" station ID although the promos and top/bottom-of-the-hour. Nexstar management are idiots, point blank, period. Nexstar better realize this isn't one of their typical middle-sized markets, so they need to leave it all alone and just ride it out as "FOX46 Charlotte". 

I can bet it is going to remain "FOX46 Charlotte" branding and continuing the use of the barely 18-months old FTS graphics because they know their ratings depends on it. Otherwise, Nexstar isn't going to last long here...

Edited by jero23
8 minutes ago, jero23 said:

Yeah I said in the past Nexstar is a mess. They replaced a barely 4 year news set because it was built by FTS. Let a boatload of talent to leave more any other station in the market in the past 18 months after years of work establishing their on-air news talent. Unnecessarily changed the website domain from "fox46charlotte.com" to "fox46.com". Now confusing branding, they wasting time with this bullsh*t attempt with those whack a** Nexstar graphics & "Fox Charlotte" branding, which are both trash, because they want to attempt to "de-foxify" the station identity and appearance. When sports programming is on they use the FTS-style "FOX 46 CHARLOTTE" logo with the "WJZY-TV BELMONT-CHARLOTTE" station ID although the promos and top/bottom-of-the-hour. Nexstar management are idiots, point blank, period. Nexstar better realize this isn't one of their typical middle-sized markets, so they need to leave it all alone and just ride it out as "FOX46 Charlotte". 

I can bet it is going to remain "FOX46 Charlotte" branding and continuing the use of the barely 18-months old FTS graphics because they know their ratings depends on it. Otherwise, Nexstar isn't going to last long here...

There has been a lot of stuff stuff going on behind the scenes, I'm sure. All of what you are complaining about has been/will be addressed. However, when have you known Nexstar to keep a former group's package? I bet they switch to their own in-house Fox package, especially because we've already seen evidence of this in the weather block.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

There has been a lot of stuff stuff going on behind the scenes, I'm sure. All of what you are complaining about has been/will be addressed. However, when have you known Nexstar to keep a former group's package? I bet they switch to their own in-house Fox package, especially because we've already seen evidence of this in the weather block.

I really don't care what is going on behind the scenes. They spent years building up something that was overturned in less than 2 years.  It looks unstable. They should keep the FTS graphics until either the FTS gets a new package thus forcing them to change to Nexstar graphics or the station is reacquired by FOX.  They changed the weather radar font and they are still using the FTS package overall.

Edited by jero23