Report: ESPN likely getting at least part of NHL rights

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't mean anything. With the exception of Mike Tirico, all of NBC's current pbp guys have jobs with teams. Kenny Albert is the Ranger's radio voice, Brenden Burke is the TV voice of the Islanders,

Someone on Twitter claimed this was a focus group design for TNT that NBC was apparently "testing" for them (though it matches up more with NBC's current inserts/etc. for the NHL. I bet it's probably

Is it me, or does the clock area look it it's designed for baseball? I could easily see them using the corners of that diamond to indicate occupied bases.

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

ESPN has hired Leah Hexstall (cousin of Ron Hexstall) to do play-by-play and other roles for their NHL coverage.

She's the first woman to do play-by-play for a national NHL TV package.

Actually for national broadcasts, Kate Scott did play-by play for one game on NBC for International Woman's Day last year.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Kevin Weekes and P.K. Subban to ESPN.

Story also mentions that Bob Wischusen is joining NHL on ESPN as a play-by-play announcer.

And...

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...