Tom Llamas

Liugrad2020

Look at that. We waited, and we eventually found out what he was going to do. Our national period of holding our breath is over.

But really, this makes sense. This surely puts him in the mix for Nightly News whenever Lester hangs it up, and it gives NBC a solid name to helm an underserved segment of NBC's streaming option. I don't know what kind of nightly show NBC has offered in a primetime window, but I feel like they're late to that particular party, compared to CBSN and ABC News Live.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, freelanceproducer said:

Tom anchored Top Story tonight from a set I don’t recognize. Does anyone else recognize it?

Or is this possibly a new studio for his show/NBC News Now?

47C40BF2-FCDF-4BB1-8481-906D7DBDE93D.png

A98F1EBE-996E-4AB9-A374-C0809D572808.png

I think he’s at the Telemundo Center in Miami, that looks a lot like the Hoy Día studio. Look at the picture below with the couch and then look at the one where he’s standing, zoom in and look at the wording on the wall to the left, it’s Identical. MSNBC’s Alicia Menendez has used the set for her weekend show a few times as well.

Here’s the full set: https://www.newscaststudio.com/setstudio/hoy-dia/

B4ABB449-E2FA-4064-A2C5-EEA1E29C44BF.jpeg

2E33BB9C-1F8E-4363-8012-37C3696E96E8.jpeg

Edited by jrogo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, freelanceproducer said:

Tom anchored Top Story tonight from a set I don’t recognize. Does anyone else recognize it?

Or is this possibly a new studio for his show/NBC News Now?

47C40BF2-FCDF-4BB1-8481-906D7DBDE93D.png

A98F1EBE-996E-4AB9-A374-C0809D572808.png

So if you look at the left side of the first photo you can see the word Día, so I agree with jrogo that it's the same set.

Edited by Requiere

On 9/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, PhillyWatch said:

I was excited for this until I saw that they're leading it off with "BREAKING NEWS" from hours earlier in the day... ugh

This is not a slight specifically at Tom's show but at the streaming playforms as a whole. Streaming news services or shows' subject matter seems the same as all other US news: COVID, politics, whatever specific international crisis like Ukraine. and the trial of the moment. Little differentiation acorss platforms like international coverage. 

9 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Just noticed that Top Story is now a part of NBC's deep late-night schedule before Early Today, replacing the Today fourth hour replay (and timed out to end right at the top of the hour).

Noticed that myself going through the program guide on Sunday.

• Like 1