Tom Llamas

Liugrad2020

3 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Lester will probably anchor for at least 5 more years. He's not retiring anytime soon.

And if Lester retires, He'll probably be replaced by Savannah Guthrie since most breaking news they co-anchor together. Tom Llamas think Cesar Conde gonna help him as a fellow "hermano" The NABJ will put a stop to that.

I don’t see Kate Snow leaving Sunday Nightly News anytime soon. I could see Jose leave Saturday’s since he has his weeknight newscast and Sunday morning public affairs program on Telemundo. But I see Tom more as a chief correspondent and maybe a weeknight show on NBC News Now 

Just now, Drew said:

I don’t see Kate Snow leaving Sunday Nightly News anytime soon. I could see Jose leave Saturday’s since he has his weeknight newscast and Sunday morning public affairs program on Telemundo. But I see Tom more as a chief correspondent and maybe a weeknight show on NBC News Now 

The Sunday morning program "Enfoqué" doesn't air anymore. Or at least it's been on hiatus since since the moved into there new building Telemundo Center.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, Gavin said:

And if Lester retires, He'll probably be replaced by Savannah Guthrie since most breaking news they co-anchor together. Tom Llamas think Cesar Conde gonna help him as a fellow "hermano" The NABJ will put a stop to that.

I've noticed her prominence as well. Savannah is alright.  She's earned her stripes as of late but I'm iffy about her as head anchor of NBC News. I'm surprised she made it nearly 8 years as host of Today.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

Has it really been 8 years?

It really doesn't feel like that much time has passed!

Nearly 9 years I should say. She took over in 2012 (was thinking '13).

Hopefully Holt stays put. He's a straight shooting no drama newsman. Hypothetically, if Lester were to leave, I'd go for Shepherd Smith as head anchor. (minus a few animated moments he's had on air in the past at Fox).

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iron_lion said:

It really doesn't feel like that much time has passed!

Nearly 9 years I should say. She took over in 2012 (was thinking '13).

Hopefully Holt stays put. He's a straight shooting no drama newsman. Hypothetically, if Lester were to leave, I'd go for Shepherd Smith as head anchor. (minus a few animated moments he's had on air in the past at Fox).

Straight shooting, but the editorial piece they have him doing at the end of the newscast waters him down a bit. Hopefully they stopped that after the election? (I honestly usually watch ABC if I am home at that time).

There's enough opinion in the news on TV (read: just about every cable news program)- Lester just needs to stick to the facts of the day to have a quality half-hour show.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I've noticed her prominence as well. Savannah is alright.  She's earned her stripes as of late but I'm iffy about her as head anchor of NBC News. I'm surprised she made it nearly 8 years as host of Today.

For some reason she does not appear to be apart of today’s impeachment coverage.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Gavin said:

And he fly back in fourth from NY to Miami.

He does not.  He uses a virtual background from Miami.  

2 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

For some reason she does not appear to be apart of today’s impeachment coverage.

I think she lives in the Hudson valley region.  They got more snow today.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

No that's cause of this pandemic, he be going to New York before all this COVID Stuff happened!

He may not want to give up his time on the network.

19 hours ago, NowBergen said:

He does not.  He uses a virtual background from Miami.  

I think she lives in the Hudson valley region.  They got more snow today.

Can’t she report from her house?

If this is just gonna turn into a random thought thread about NBC News (when Tom's destination hasn't even been confirmed), then this thread can be locked. Frankly, I don't know that his exit even needed a dedicated discussion. We'll see where he winds up in due time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Again, now he's does but before COVID-19 he was in New York!!!

Not necessarily..  His background hasn't changed from before the pandemic.   Previously, Lester and Kate would walk down the hall and give a Nigthly tease on News4.  He never did.  Seems it was too far for him to walk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Not necessarily..  His background hasn't changed from before the pandemic.   Previously, Lester and Kate would walk down the hall and give a Nigthly tease on News4.  He never did.  Seems it was too far for him to walk.

Interesting. It would make more sense for him to remain in Miami. Maybe Tom will take over for him on Saturday NN. We will see what happens.

7 hours ago, NowBergen said:

There be another studio he be in that in fact Lester sometimes would be in for teases or special report an monitor with a repeating loop of the NBC 4th floor newsroom. But he be in New York all the time!!!

• 2 months later...