Gray to acquire Quincy Media.

CircleSeven

The only Iowa market without a Gray presence is Des Moines now - and that would be a difficult market for them to get into, but probably not impossible.

Also, the only West Virginia market without a Gray presence is in the northern panhandle (Wheeling) and there is pretty much no way for Gray to get in without a trade.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GoldenShine9 said:

The only Iowa market without a Gray presence is Des Moines now - and that would be a difficult market for them to get into, but probably not impossible.

Quad Cities says hi and there might be one way in which is via Tegna (same would apply to Des Moines)

On 8/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

Also, the only West Virginia market without a Gray presence is in the northern panhandle (Wheeling) and there is pretty much no way for Gray to get in without a trade.

Gray could have gotten WTRF, but it was one of the ones they passed on after the Benedek merger.  West Virginia Media may have wanted them more as they were assembling their empire at the time. 

We'll you'll going to be surprised. Back to the subchannel shuffle in East Central Iowa, where The CW moved to KCRG. They'd eliminated subchannels 9.4-6, dropping Circle, H&I & Start TV. H&I moved to 7.2.

They cite their use of bandwidth of carrying three HD channels (ABC, MyNet and now CW). 

I find this very shocking given a good chunk of Gray stations use six separate streams in one spectrum.

Archived