CBS Sports debuting new graphics

Georgie56

First look at one of the CBS Sports studio sets on the site of Super Bowl LV. Looks like the design has some similarities to the Super Bowl LIII set. The biggest change though is the new CBS Sports Network logo which is seen here. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.48.29 PM.png

Not seeing any major changes but definitely some hints of it. All graphics including CBS Sports HQ are now adapting a new font and the new logo is starting to be shown off a lot more often. However, CBS Sports Network doesn't seem to be having any change at all especially for their Super Bowl week programs. Looks like CBS is going to wait until game day to debut an entirely new graphics package, or the graphics will just have a more modified look similar to what they did with their last Super Bowl broadcast in 2019.

CBS-Sports-HQ-new-logo.png

cbs-sports-logo-on-set-video.png

cbs-super-bowl-lv-promo.jpg

CBS Sports' social media accounts have all transitioned to the new look. I thought for sure CBSSN would get the new look first on Monday, considering that's what they did when the (now outgoing) Troika package debuted at SB50 in 2016.

In any case, I don't think we'll see something similar to what they did at SB LIII. There's a new logo, and from what I've seen so far, the CBS eye is going to be heavily involved in this upcoming look.

22 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

CBS Sports' social media accounts have all transitioned to the new look. I thought for sure CBSSN would get the new look first on Monday, considering that's what they did when the (now outgoing) Troika package debuted at SB50 in 2016.

In any case, I don't think we'll see something similar to what they did at SB LIII. There's a new logo, and from what I've seen so far, the CBS eye is going to be heavily involved in this upcoming look, I think.

If the eye is going to play big a role in the new graphics, then maybe the graphics could have more of a rounded ends look similar to the March Madness graphics from 2011. CBS obviously needs to get rid of the box shape. Both FOX and NBC are now going the slanted route with their NFL broadcasts getting away from the boxy look. Maybe CBS will go the same route but instead have the outline shape of the graphics align to the CBS eye.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 2.46.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 2.46.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 2.47.47 PM.png

At this very early impression, there's nothing surprising. It's flat, sporting the new font, maintaining the same basic layout of the CBS scorebug going back a dozen years. That said, I'm glad to see that the Chiefs will be in red and the Bucs in their pewter on the bar, versus this gray(???) vs. red abomination from earlier in the season.

image.thumb.png.e9a9e87d1ec4a1e734fd48fda8e055c2.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

14 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Here's a first look at the new scorebug. You'll have to zoom in.

Wow, I'm glad they aren't going to dramatically changing the score bug like FOX keeps doing ever Super Bowl. Looks like they are going for a sheen and gloss look similar to FOX Sports from Super Bowl LI. 

EteIrc3VgAAA8B- (1).jpeg

EteIrkLVgAApa6N (1).jpeg

Got a teaser of the new graphics and the CBS studio look inside Raymond James Stadium. This was part of a halftime segment for the College Basketball game on CBS. Looks like they didn't want to reveal too much of the graphics as they only revealed the lower third for the On-Air panel. The animation was just a clean wipe. Looks like they are planning to go more dark grey and less blue with the new graphics package.

147018698_869648283831083_1081151835973091614_n.jpg

147097003_1007531753106776_1523590875652837769_n.jpg

So from the previews we've seen so far, what we're likely to see are enough changes that will get this board talking, some viewers noticing that something's different on the screen, and more viewers not noticing a thing that is different.

Not going to be anything like FOX last year, or CBS at SB50 with a completely new redesign that every regular viewer noticed.

Archived