WBNS on temp set?

10Viewer

On 12/31/2020 at 5:11 PM, 8Viewer said:

Anybody know what's up at WBNS? The evening newscasts are being anchored from a different location. Doesn't look like they're in the studio. I've only seen the evening casts.

WBNSset.jpg

Looks like that may just be his WFH location.

3 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

They need one!  It was eight years in October since they debuted their current set. Wow, how much has changed at 10TV since then...

I've been thinking they might adjust the set to be more socially distanced like a lot of other stations are doing.

Also, have they ever actually used their "Digital Broadcast Center" video wall in the newsroom?? They show it usually coming out of the sports block going to commercial but I don't think I've ever seen a stand up from the video wall. 

5 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

I've been thinking they might adjust the set to be more socially distanced like a lot of other stations are doing.

Also, have they ever actually used their "Digital Broadcast Center" video wall in the newsroom?? They show it usually coming out of the sports block going to commercial but I don't think I've ever seen a stand up from the video wall. 

They have used it sparingly.  For interviews, a stand-ups and Traffic Hits. Nothing outside of that.

Funny that WBNS now has the oldest set in the market with WCMH and WSYX just getting new sets recently.

5 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

They have used it sparingly.  For interviews, a stand-ups and Traffic Hits. Nothing outside of that.

Funny that WBNS now has the oldest set in the market with WCMH and WSYX just getting new sets recently.

A video wall in the studio would be a nice update. The fake brick looks outdated, IMO. 

Archived