A Newscast LIVE On-Location - Taking the Show On The Road

newsteam13

Check out this full-length 1987 newscast from ABC5 WOI Des Moines, Iowa.

This was one of many stations that took the newscast out of the studio, on the road and into a LIVE audience from wherever On-Location.

Viewers didn't have to go home to watch their local news. Instead, the newscast came to them from wherever on-location.

Today, that is just not the case anymore. I wonder why that is. 

Anyways, if you can find MORE of the Live On-Location Newscasts, please make a reply one post at a time. Keep in mind, this is NOT a list thread.

• newsteam13 changed the title to A Newscast LIVE On-Location - Taking the Show On The Road

Does it have to be full ones, or can it be openings where the newscast is billed as being on location from wherever (or can it be where it's part studio, part location)?

The reason I ask that is because KFSN (ABC30, Fresno, CA O&O) had an early edition in 1991 (I've only seen the opening; it was Channel 30 Action News Live at Five) where Rudy Trevino and Liz Harrison did the broadcast from Veterans' Park in Porterville.

1 hour ago, bmasters1 said:

Does it have to be full ones, or can it be openings where the newscast is billed as being on location from wherever (or can it be where it's part studio, part location)?

The reason I ask that is because KFSN (ABC30, Fresno, CA O&O) had an early edition in 1991 (I've only seen the opening; it was Channel 30 Action News Live at Five) where Rudy Trevino and Liz Harrison did the broadcast from Veterans' Park in Porterville.

You can do full ones if you want, and if you can find any. Opens will be fine too

KCRG Channel 9 (ABC Cedar Rapids, IA) TV-9 Eyewitness News evening edition, Aug. 1991, with Eadie Fawcett in the studio, and Bruce Aune at Our Town Manchester (there would be a special report after that 1991 evening edition that was fully outside in Manchester w/Bruce Aune)

And also, here is that KFSN opening I referenced in my initial response on this thread:

Archived