New Meredith Graphics

VegasNews

On 12/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Well, they are both made by Matt Quinn at Hothaus.

I feel like this new pkg is change for the sake of change. It looks so similar to the last KPTV/WGCL look. Some elements I like a bit better, and others I think are worse.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, TheWatcherAtl said:

Question, What equipment or software do you use to record and post your videos to YT?

I use vlc's record function to capture the stream and I then I use mkvmerge to edit out the extras.

I have various sources myself to get news clips (my Hdhomerun and of course the streams)

On 12/16/2020 at 11:47 PM, TheWatcherAtl said:

CBS46 ''Changed'' their logo and graphics presentation today.

Old

iiddklU.jpg

''New''

m8mt1c4.png

They made it much better now-- now, we don't have the CBS repetition, because all we have is the Eye to let us know that this is the CBS station of Atlanta.

I don't particularly care for the "News 4" branding.  Too generic and derivative from WSMV.  At least they keep the "CBS 4" in their ticker and bug.

And another nod to Tegna, the way the "W" overlaps the "s" and slices off a portion of it.  This carries over to their call letters and "4 Warn" branding.

On second thought, this has been around a while, only the graphics changed....

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I don't particularly care for the "News 4" branding.  Too generic and derivative from WSMV.  At least they keep the "CBS 4" in their ticker and bug.

And another nod to Tegna, the way the "W" overlaps the "s" and slices off a portion of it.  This carries over to their call letters and "4 Warn" branding.

The News 4 branding has been with KMOV for ages, they aren't going to drop that. 

And you are correct, this is more of an update of the previous graphics they got just a couple of years ago moreso than a brand new package overall.

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Ironically, MOV got the branding before SMV (since the call letter and ownership change in ‘86, the same time, their future sister station, SMV again, was going by “The Scene At Six/Ten”...)

I guess I was referring to the "look" of the branding itself...older looks had the "4" inside the TV-shaped box, which sort-of evolved with how much more "rectangular" tube TV's became over the years....

The current styling is much more basic, and that debuted in their last refresh, and has that Tegna vibe to it with the overlapping letters.

12 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I liked the previous graphics package. Of course, I'm not exactly big on ANOTHER media group injecting their crazy standardization ideas on their stations. At least they maintain the themes and some of the colors make sense...

3 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Is this the first time that KTVK and KPHO have a shared identity between the two stations?  I'm trying to recall what the stations did before, since they've been sister stations ever since Belo sold out to Gannett and Meredith picked up KTVK.

I think they increased the KTVK/KPHO simulcast considerably since March 2020/covid. Understand the financial/staffing reasoning behind it, but "Arizona's Family News" has to be the dumbest brand on local TV right now (and the Calibri logotype makes my eyes bleed)... regardless if it was KTVK's slogan for years prior to the KPHO merger. 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, Mrtraveler01 said:

The News 4 branding has been with KMOV for ages, they aren't going to drop that. 

And you are correct, this is more of an update of the previous graphics they got just a couple of years ago moreso than a brand new package overall.

This is actually a brand new package for KMOV. It was one of the only stations in the group to use Miranda and the old Thunder system. They had to switch to Chyron when Meredith decided start a graphics hub.  

For people who say it’s a super fast rollout, it’s been in the works for a few months I’m told. 

17 hours ago, Sendir said:

It might be dumb to us but it showcases brand recall and is a driving force for internal culture. 

I guess that really only depends on how much of the KTVK culture is remaining, but I would assume not much at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived