Fox Weather

Georgie56

I haven't been watching much Fox Weather lately, but I just tuned in and noticed that the overnight show has been given the Fox Weather @ Night moniker back, and the show is being produced by the control room with a full set of graphics, inserts, and music again.

And I noticed that Haley Meier is hosting on a Thursday, which was always one of her days off...

So I checked the bio page, and sure enough, Kelly Costa's bio has been de-linked. Her last social media post about Fox Weather seems to be on February 13th. Looking in the past, she tweeted on February 14, 2023 that it was her 1-year mark with Fox Weather. Sounds like she had a two-year deal that was not renewed.

This makes sense, as it's seemed like Fox Weather has had very little interest in keeping the Orlando operation going ever since Katie Garner left. Back in June 2023, when they changed Kelly's backdrop from the Orlando skyline to a fake background of the NYC Weather Command area, compounded with the fact that they never hired an Orlando-based replacement for Katie, I had a feeling that their tiny Orlando outfit would come to an end sooner rather than later.

Wishing Kelly well on whatever comes next.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:54 AM, Spring Rubber said:

I haven't been watching much Fox Weather lately, but I just tuned in and noticed that the overnight show has been given the Fox Weather @ Night moniker back, and the show is being produced by the control room with a full set of graphics, inserts, and music again.

And I noticed that Haley Meier is hosting on a Thursday, which was always one of her days off...

So I checked the bio page, and sure enough, Kelly Costa's bio has been de-linked. Her last social media post about Fox Weather seems to be on February 13th. Looking in the past, she tweeted on February 14, 2023 that it was her 1-year mark with Fox Weather. Sounds like she had a two-year deal that was not renewed.

This makes sense, as it's seemed like Fox Weather has had very little interest in keeping the Orlando operation going ever since Katie Garner left. Back in June 2023, when they changed Kelly's backdrop from the Orlando skyline to a fake background of the NYC Weather Command area, compounded with the fact that they never hired an Orlando-based replacement for Katie, I had a feeling that their tiny Orlando outfit would come to an end sooner rather than later.

Wishing Kelly well on whatever comes next.

Damn. I loved Kelly. I thought she was great and very versatile.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:16 PM, Jman7885 said:

What’s the current anchor rotation these days? 

Weekdays:

5am-9am ET - Fox Weather First - Britta Merwin and Michael Estime (Mon-Tue) / Craig Herrera (Wed-Fri)

9am-12pm ET - Weather Command - Amy Freeze, Stephen Morgan, and a third rotating OCM if available.

12pm-3pm ET - America's Weather Center - Jason Frazer

3pm-6pm ET - Fox Weather Now - Ian Oliver and usually Kendall Smith, sometimes others instead.

6pm-9pm ET - Fox Weather Live - Steve Bender and I guess still Marissa Torres (She's still on maternity leave. During most of her leave, it was Haley Meier Mon-Wed and Kendall Smith Thu-Fri. I think Kiyana Lewis is doing the Mon-Wed editions now that Haley is on the overnight shift.)

9pm-5am ET - Fox Weather @ Night - Haley Meier (endless overnight loop after the first hour is done live)

Weekends:

6am-9am ET - Fox Weather First Weekend - Craig Herrera and Kiyana Lewis

9am-???pm ET - Fox Weather Live - I honestly don't know what they're doing with this show anymore. It seems like they're starting long form early at 12pm ET some weekends, while other weekends, they are airing pre-recorded editions of this show several hours into the early afternoon. Hosts are some random combination of Michael Estime, Jane Minar. Bob Van Dillen, and Rick Reichmuth.

Last week, Kiyana hosted the Monday edition of Fox Weather Live alongside Steve Bender.

Steve Bender fell ill and missed Tuesday-Friday. Haley joined Kiyana on Tuesday night during the severe weather coverage. Kiyana hosted mostly solo Wednesday-Friday, with Haley joining her like once per hour.

This week, Steve Bender is on a scheduled vacation. Tom Wachs from Fox 6 Milwaukee is filling in for Steve all week long.

Not sure what's going on with the assignments, but Kiyana has been doing Monday-Friday last week, and I think possibly this week too. Kendall Smith filled in for Kiyana on weekend mornings both this weekend and the previous weekend.

Marissa Torres is back from maternity leave today, but interestingly, she's on Weather Command and not Fox Weather Live.

This makes me wonder if the fact that Kiyana has been "filling in" on Fox Weather Live Mon-Fri for the past several weeks is actually part of a permanent change.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Marissa Torres is back from maternity leave today, but interestingly, she's on Weather Command and not Fox Weather Live.

This makes me wonder if the fact that Kiyana has been "filling in" on Fox Weather Live Mon-Fri for the past several weeks is actually part of a permanent change.

“Permanent”…. LOL

she may have requested to shift to mornings for personal reasons? Or perhaps this is her way of easing back in after baby?

• Like 1

Steve Bender is back this week. It appears that Fox Weather Live has been reformatted around Steve as the host, with Kiyana as a contributing meteorologist on the show. It appears that the show has been moved permanently back to Studio W with a ton of walk-and-talk segments similar to Ian Oliver's show.

In fact, Kiyana was the contributing meteorologist to both Ian and Steve's shows today.

Kendall has remained on Fox Weather First Weekend for the past 4 weekends and has appeared on Weather Command Mon/Tue (and select Wednesdays) alongside her former co-anchor Stephen Morgan for multiple weeks now. Amy started the month on vacation and then went to SXSW on behalf of Fox Weather last week. I'm assuming she'll be back pretty soon. I guess we'll see where Kendall, Marissa, and Kiyana will appear once Amy returns.

Kelly Costa posted on social media that she was offered to relocate to NYC and stay with FOX Weather, but she turned it down and hinted that she will be returning to New England and working at a station in her home state. Stay tuned 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:29 PM, Megatron81 said:

I thought that Kelly was from FL I didn't know she was from NE best of luck to her wherever she is forecasting with in NE state.

WHDH-TV Boston.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 9:57 AM, Spring Rubber said:

Pretty sure Amy Freeze hasn’t been back on-air in some time. Anyone know what’s going on? Is Marissa the new host of Weather Command now? She posted on social media something like ‘now that I no longer work nights’… 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:38 PM, Spring Rubber said:

Steve Bender is back this week. It appears that Fox Weather Live has been reformatted around Steve as the host, with Kiyana as a contributing meteorologist on the show. It appears that the show has been moved permanently back to Studio W with a ton of walk-and-talk segments similar to Ian Oliver's show.

In fact, Kiyana was the contributing meteorologist to both Ian and Steve's shows today.

Kendall has remained on Fox Weather First Weekend for the past 4 weekends and has appeared on Weather Command Mon/Tue (and select Wednesdays) alongside her former co-anchor Stephen Morgan for multiple weeks now. Amy started the month on vacation and then went to SXSW on behalf of Fox Weather last week. I'm assuming she'll be back pretty soon. I guess we'll see where Kendall, Marissa, and Kiyana will appear once Amy returns.

Amy has not returned yet

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:23 PM, Jman7885 said:

Amy has not returned yet

Hi, I just found out that this website is back online.

Yeah, I've noticed that Amy hasn't been around. There have been no mentions of her on the air. I noticed on her Instagram that she recently posted an old pic of herself in the Fox Weather studio from last hurricane season, while talking about the upcoming hurricane season in her message. However, nowhere in the text of her message did she mention Fox Weather.

At the end of the day, I don't know what to make of it. This is the type of stuff you usually see when a network is just letting someone's contract run out, without ever having the intention of bringing them back on the air.