Fox Weather

Georgie56

• 1 month later...

Looks like a schedule change went into effect today. I see that Sky Dome is on the air as of the 9am ET hour, when it previously started at 10am ET.

I'm wondering what else may have changed. My hunch is that they might have moved the start time of all shows up, so that the live programming day might end earlier again. I guess we'll have to see throughout the day.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, Spring Rubber said:

Looks like a schedule change went into effect today. I see that Sky Dome is on the air as of the 9am ET hour, when it previously started at 10am ET.

I'm wondering what else may have changed. My hunch is that they might have moved the start time of all shows up, so that the live programming day might end earlier again. I guess we'll have to see throughout the day.

I see the schedule like this, according to The Roku Channel...

05:00-09:00 AM: FOX Weather First (the new name of the morning program to replace Sunrise)

9:00AM-12:00PM: FOX Weather SkyDome

12:00-04:00 PM: America's WeatherCenter

04:00-07:00 PM: FOX Weather Across America

07:00-10:00 PM: America's Weather NOW

10:00PM-1:00AM: America's Weather TONIGHT/FOX Weather LIVE

01:00-05:00 AM: Night Light

TL;DR - It looks like they've added another hour of live weather coverage, renamed its morning program, moving its midday program to essentially late mornings, and added another hour of America's Weather Center. Other than that, all is the same.

7 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I see the schedule like this, according to The Roku Channel...

05:00-09:00 AM: FOX Weather First (the new name of the morning program to replace Sunrise)

9:00AM-12:00PM: FOX Weather SkyDome

12:00-04:00 PM: America's WeatherCenter

04:00-07:00 PM: FOX Weather Across America

07:00-10:00 PM: America's Weather NOW

10:00PM-1:00AM: America's Weather TONIGHT/FOX Weather LIVE

01:00-05:00 AM: Night Light

TL;DR - It looks like they've added another hour of live weather coverage, renamed its morning program, moving its midday program to essentially late mornings, and added another hour of America's Weather Center. Other than that, all is the same.

Oh wow, they renamed Fox Weather Sunrise to Fox Weather First? Either way, good to see they're starting early and not removing any other live hours of shows. Any idea what the new graphics and/or music look like? I know they've been in Fox Weather Alert mode Tuesday and Wednesday due to the severe weather outbreak. I wonder if there's any chance of them being back to normal mode by Thursday morning so I can see what the graphics/music are. 🤔 (Given the duration of this severe event, I could see them waiting until Friday to return to normal graphics and music.)

Edited by Spring Rubber

I just found a video clip on their website from Monday's Fox Weather First. It's literally just the America's Weather Weekend graphics with a different logo, which itself is just a reskin of the America's Weather Center/America's Weather Now graphics. Let me guess, it's probably going to be the same music as well?

FoxWX_20221212-3.png

I tuned in during the 5am ET/4am CT hour today, and they were still airing Night Light.

I also see that Jason Frazer, of Fox Weather First, is appearing during the first hour of Sky Dome as a contributor, doing a travel weather segment.

I slept during the whole Fox Weather First program's timeslot, lol

Effective today, the 6am-10am ET weekend show has been renamed to "Fox Weather FIRST Weekend". The 10am-2pm ET show retains the "America's Weather Weekend" branding.

This shift in the morning show names appears to be a corporate move to get their branding in line with FNC's morning shows. From looking at the logo design, the "FIRST" is similar to, but not exactly the same as, the Fox & Friends FIRST logo. Similarly, the "Weekend" part of the logo seems to take after the Fox & Friends Weekend logo.

Fox_Weather_First_logo-1.png

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Spring Rubber said:

Effective today, the 6am-10am ET weekend show has been renamed to "Fox Weather FIRST Weekend". The 10am-2pm ET show retains the "America's Weather Weekend" branding.

This shift in the morning show names appears to be a corporate move to get their branding in line with FNC's morning shows. From looking at the logo design, the "FIRST" is similar to, but not exactly the same as, the Fox & Friends FIRST logo. Similarly, the "Weekend" part of the logo seems to take after the Fox & Friends Weekend logo.

Fox_Weather_First_logo-1.png

Figured. F***ing figured.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Looks like they also dumped America's Weather Tonight again, instead opting to pre-record America's Weather Now and run it all the way through the evening until 1am ET. The pre-recorded show is akin to TWC's Evening Edition West Coast back in the 2000s, such that there's no live radar or current conditions, but plenty of forecast maps and weather summaries. They did the same thing last night as well. Unsure if this is just temporary during the winter storm/holiday season or if this is the new schedule going forward.

Due to my current schedule, I haven't been able to tell if they've done any hours of fully live weather content at 7pm or 8pm ET or if they switch to this format right away at 7pm ET.

• Confused 1

Turns out there was a reason Studio K (the small midday studio) has been off the air for the past 10 days. They have revamped the space. With the new look, the entire show is done with both OCMs seated at a small coffee table-like desk.

With this setup, there are no standup weather map segments anymore, as they used every inch of space on this new set layout. Every weather segment is done via double-or-triple boxes with the OCM seated there, just talking through the maps.

I think the wide-shot of the set looks good, but I don't think there's any way it's worth the trade-off of having to do all of the weather maps while seated.

FoxWX_20221227-7.png

FoxWX_20221227-1.png

• Sad 1

There's a severe weather outbreak ongoing right now, and Fox Weather is airing a pre-taped special called "Biggest Weather Stories of The Year" as of 12pm ET.

This is just baffling. It seems like something that they always must have had plans to air today, and for some insane reason, management refused to reschedule it.

7 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

There's a severe weather outbreak ongoing right now, and Fox Weather is airing a pre-taped special called "Biggest Weather Stories of The Year" as of 12pm ET.

This is just baffling. It seems like something that they always must have had plans to air today, and for some insane reason, management refused to reschedule it.

they were busy with a photo shoot. 

F98DAE29-337B-4DF4-8966-4FD3A401821A.jpeg

• Thought-Provoking 1

1 hour ago, noggi said:

Whatever they did with these promos must have been quite involved, as I've noticed that all programming has originated out of the small shoebox Studio K today. They haven't had any programming in the main Studio W since I first tuned in during the 9am ET hour this morning. They're still using the small Studio K as of the 9pm ET hour tonight.

Gee, they sure picked a good day for this...

17 hours ago, noggi said:

Uh-huh...

They picked a really good time to do this, didn't they? A powerful winter storm is pummeling California, and we have to take a break from this coverage to take a group selfie?

Of all the days, this is the one they pick?

Look, I'm all for letting them have their fun, but please, any other day but a "Storm Alert" day. Same goes for the promos they shot in Studio W.

Edited by DJonNews
  • Like 2

Five days later, and they're still doing all shows from the small Studio K. Starting to look like Studio W is getting a refresh even though it's been only 14 months since its debut? Strange.

After 4 days of all weather maps being done from a seated position with this new version of Studio K, it appears that today, they finally realized how they could position a camera and some lighting in order to do some stand-up shots for a change.

FoxWX_20230108-2.png

Yep, looks like the mini-refresh is complete. New anchor desk. New positioning of monitors in the studio. Apparently the show that's on right now is called Weather Command and not Sky Dome. Ian Oliver is apparently now a morning-shifter, and apparently the show is now a 3-host show with everyone at the anchor desk all at once? Unless it's just for today...unsure. Very heavy usage of red LEDs in studio and red graphics.

FoxWX_20230109-2.png

FoxWX_20230109-7.png

1 hour ago, Spring Rubber said:

Yep, looks like the mini-refresh is complete. New anchor desk. New positioning of monitors in the studio. Apparently the show that's on right now is called Weather Command and not Sky Dome. Ian Oliver is apparently now a morning-shifter, and apparently the show is now a 3-host show with everyone at the anchor desk all at once? Unless it's just for today...unsure. Very heavy usage of red LEDs in studio and red graphics.

FoxWX_20230109-2.png

FoxWX_20230109-7.png

This is Fox Weather’s updated weekday schedule, effective today (January 9) (per The Streamable)

* 6:00-9:00 a.m. ET: Fox Weather First - anchored by Britta Merwin and Jason Frazer

* 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon ET: Weather Command - anchored by Amy Freeze (replaces Sky Dome)

* 12:00 noon-4:00 p.m. ET: America’s Weather Center - anchored by Kendall Smith, Craig Herrera, and Michael Estime

* 4:00-7:00 p.m. ET: Fox Weather Across America - anchored by Brigit Mahoney and Stephen Morgan

* 7:00-10:00 p.m. ET: Fox Weather Live - anchored by Marissa Torres and Steve Bender (replaces America’s Weather Now)

* 10:00 p.m.-12:00 midnight ET: Fox Weather @ Night - anchored by Kendall Smith and Stephen Morgan (replaces America’s Weather Tonight, and interestingly carrying the same title scheme as sister network Fox News’s late night commentary show Fox News @ Night)

Edited by T.L. Hughes