Fox Weather

Georgie56

20 hours ago, Wildish said:

The fact that they actively promote fox news shows is a turn off. I didn’t care to see Jesse Watters promoting his show while watching storm coverage. They should have kept it separate.

This. 

I was looking forward to checking out their coverage of this storm, but I got to the the first commercial break yesterday and decided I'd seen enough. I could deal with the FOX Nation commercials, but I can't deal with seeing Hannity, Tucker, and the rest during every break. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I welcome the addition of another weather subchannel. I don't really understand why so many came & went, particularly the O&O based ones; they seemed like perfect companions to news-focused "trust us with your weather" presentations (and yes, I get that weather is available on demand on any internet-connected device).  Seeing how so many are now gone (save for the sporadic carriage of WeatherNation), FWX may well have the market all to itself in most areas.

Also of note, it seems the commercial load on the YouTube TV version of FWX is different than that on Tubi. I'm assuming the Tubi feed is coming from a FOX News-integrated backend that populates the same commercials you'd get on any other FOX News-originating stream (hence all the commercials for FOX Nation and Jesse Waters). On YouTube TV, I haven't seen any of those. Just a lot of "Hi, I'm Joe Namath!" and finance app ads. 

Looks like another schedule change is on the way, and again, more programming cutbacks? Looks like the live program known as America's Weather Center will be no more, as America's Weather Now moves to 3pm ET, and it looks like Fox Weather Wild returns full time at the new time of 7pm ET, further eroding live weather programming in the evening hours. Not good to see.

Not sure if America's Weather Center will be kept as the name of the automated afternoon loop or what.

Also not sure what happens to the on-air afternoon shift, as this change will surely eliminate the need for having 3 afternoon meteorologist shifts.

Screenshot_20220204-124203_(1).png

Screenshot_20220204-124154_(1).png

"Welcome to our great new weather channel! We proudly present to you 6 live hours of programming on weekday mornings, 4 live hours of programming on weekday afternoons, and 6 live hours of programming on weekend mornings! Any other time you tune in, we'll be happy to present either long form programming or an automated loop that doesn't present a whole lot of actual weather information!"

I've noticed that TWC blew Fox Weather out of the water in terms of live hours of programming during this past week's winter storm. TWC was live until 1 AM ET each night, while Fox Weather was calling it quits around 9 or 10 pm ET every night.

Ever since the December 10-11 tornado outbreak where Fox Weather went all in on the overnight coverage, it's all been downhill from there with a constant reduction in live programming hours every couple of weeks since then. It feels like they didn't like the (presumably low) amount of viewership they got from that overnight coverage, and some exec said, "You know what, we're done with all this live programming. We're only going to be live during peek hours, and those are the only timeslots where it's valuable to be live." In other words, the same logic TWC execs used on their current programming strategy, but somehow even WORSE.

If they continue down this path, there's no bright future ahead for Fox Weather.

• Haha 1

Side note: the program at 3pm ET is still America's Weather Center as of today. I guess the folks making the schedule graphic weren't aware of which program to list at which time. I can confirm that as of Friday, normal weather programming ended at 7pm ET, and Fox Weather Wild aired at that time, followed by long form programming afterward.

EDIT: Their current answer to what to do with all of the on-air staff was to merge the two late shifts together into a 4-host program. America's Weather Now is now hosted by Nick, Marissa, Ian, and Brigit all at the same time. As to whether this holds up over time...we'll see...

Edited by Spring Rubber

More distribution for Fox Weather: Amazon News, FuboTV, The Roku Channel and more.

https://thestreamable.com/news/fox-weather-adds-the-roku-channel-youtube-tv-fubotv-and-more-as-distribution-partners

Is this simulcast info new (bolded)?

For those of you with over-the-air antennas, FOX Weather will now be accessible across FTS’ Diginet multicast channels in New York, Seattle, and San Francisco, with plans to expand to the station group’s remaining 14 markets. The streaming service will also simulcast one hour per weekday and two hours on weekends on FTS’s 11 duopoly stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Dallas, San Francisco, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix, Minneapolis, and Orlando.

7 minutes ago, mightynine said:

The streaming service will also simulcast one hour per weekday and two hours on weekends on FTS’s 11 duopoly stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Dallas, San Francisco, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix, Minneapolis, and Orlando.

I know the Fox O&O syndicated slate is in bad shape, with up to 3 hours not returning for next fall, but what the what WHAT?

Is an hour of FWX really any different than an hour of "Better" or "Daily Blast Live"? It's in-house content that's one less timeslot to have to worry about for syndication. 

FWX has now been added to the Roku's lineup of free streaming channels. Flipping through, Accuweatner NOW is airing a feature on the Superbowl into a Superbowl/West Coast forecast, Weathernation is airing their typical rotating weathermaps and forecasts, and FWX is airing a canned weather special. Granted there was a brief weather update when they returned from commercial, but it's funny that FWX is the most "Weather Channel" option of those three choices right now...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, 24994J said:

I know the Fox O&O syndicated slate is in bad shape, with up to 3 hours not returning for next fall, but what the what WHAT?

To be fair, I believe these simulcasts are being added on the second station in most, if not all markets – not the primary one. The hour is being added on KICU, not KTVU, and KICU's programming lineup in the middle of the day is a wasteland anyway and has been for a long time.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2020 at 5:43 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I'm pretty sure that they no longer own the rights to the search lights. That was sold to Disney. I mean, even The X2 Package doesn't belong on a Fox station anymore.

The searchlights are shared between Fox Corp. and Disney at this point. Some Fox affiliates still use them (KSWB, WMSN and WBFF for example).

Noticed this morning (EARLY morning here on the west coast) that FOX O&O sister station KCOP is also simulcasting America's Weather Weekend in addition to the weekday hour. I wonder if the aforementioned stations running the weekday hour are also airing this as well. KCOP does seem to be in a programming world of it's own- less syndie content, a lot of Decades simulcasting and FOX Soul shows. 

6 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Noticed this morning (EARLY morning here on the west coast) that FOX O&O sister station KCOP is also simulcasting America's Weather Weekend in addition to the weekday hour. I wonder if the aforementioned stations running the weekday hour are also airing this as well. KCOP does seem to be in a programming world of it's own- less syndie content, a lot of Decades simulcasting and FOX Soul shows. 

WWOR is also airing the one hour weekday edition, FOX Weather Sunrise from 10-11am eastern, and airs America's Weather Weekend from 10am-12noon on Saturday.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, Wildish said:

Fox nation shows are appearing on fox weather now.

What shows? The only Fox Nation program they have aired is Park'd, a travel show hosted by Abby Hornacek.

Edited by tw-804