New Diginet on CBS O&Os?

Adam MadMan

3 hours ago, Adam MadMan said:

I was going through the AVS Forums, and learned that certain owned and operated CBS stations have lit up a fourth subchannel with the name "FaveTV" in the PSIP. Sounds like CBS is planning another diginet. Thoughts?

And in case you don't believe me...

There is already this: http://favetv.com/

48 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

My guess? It's probably a retronet using the Viacom classics library now that CBS and Viacom are back under one roof.

Going to cbs(dot)com(slash)fave does redirect to the CBS All Access subsite, so it is plausible.

CBSViacom recently launched a new free to air channel in Australia called 10 Shake with programming sourced from MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central. Why is OTA so developed in Australia but not in the US? You'd never see CBSViacom launching an OTA subchannel like this in the US?  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Shake

Colorbars on WCBS 2.4, I wish it would be something more valuable like CBSN or CBSN New York...even a simulcast of WLNY would be useful since it's not available OTA in the five boroughs. 

IMG_7552.jpg

4 hours ago, zeebre12 said:

CBSViacom recently launched a new free to air channel in Australia called 10 Shake with programming sourced from MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central. Why is OTA so developed in Australia but not in the US? You'd never see CBSViacom launching an OTA subchannel like this in the US?  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Shake

Because cable/satellite pay TV is so underdeveloped there. In 2012, pre-streaming services, penetration was a shockingly low 28 percent.

Just as I was getting itchy that I hadn’t seen a 3.4 yet on KYW, FaveTV is now LIVE here in Philly as of this morning. Currently airing- an episode of Run’s House. 

I haven’t seen any spots for the network itself but have seen one for Paramount Net and one for CMT. I feel like with as much cable content that Viacom has shuffled onto their online Pluto TV service,  why not cycle some of those series in and out of a new diginet? I have a feeling that may be the case here. 

So it's basically a rerun channel of very old Viacom reality shows with a few old movies thrown in? CBSViacom seem to have more newer reruns on Pluto. I thought they may have launched a Spike type channel as a male-orientated version of Dabl with reruns of Spike series like they have on Pluto (almost like the old Spike on cable). Even re-establish the brand on OTA?

Not gonna lie, this service already sounds really underwhelming. There are a lot of niches still left unfilled by diginets, but no, let's just put in another reality show channel, but with movies.

I can imagine the migration of the Katz networks to Ion/Scripps spectrum will lead to some opportunities for the spectrum those brands currently occupy, so hopefully we may get some better new diginets as time goes on. In fact, I can see The Grio TV filling in at least some of the soon-to-be vacated subchannels.

32 minutes ago, Adam MadMan said:

Not gonna lie, this service already sounds really underwhelming. There are a lot of niches still left unfilled by diginets, but no, let's just put in another reality show channel, but with movies.

I can imagine the migration of the Katz networks to Ion/Scripps spectrum will lead to some opportunities for the spectrum those brands currently occupy, so hopefully we may get some better new diginets as time goes on. In fact, I can see The Grio TV filling in at least some of the soon-to-be vacated subchannels.

All The Grio TV will be is reruns of his cheap syndicated shows he has on his 'cable' channels. If he hasn't put proper content onto them before, he is not going to do it with The Grio TV.

Remember folks- we have no schedule, no website, no anything to know just what kind of channel this is going to be.

However, in addition to Run’s House, they’ve also aired a few hours of The Jamie Foxx Show and are currently in the middle of a block of The Wayans Bros. 

Could this be Viacom’s attempt to muddy the waters for The Grio while they’re still running color bars? 

edit: Total Recall is on next (5pm eastern)... 

1 hour ago, zeebre12 said:

You'd think there would have been someone kind of an announcement like there was with Dabl if this was a proper channel launch?

I agree, this definitely feels like a rush job. So what's their rush to get this on the air?

Also, Total Recall just wrapped, and now we've got Bar Rescue

4 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Remember folks- we have no schedule, no website, no anything to know just what kind of channel this is going to be.

However, in addition to Run’s House, they’ve also aired a few hours of The Jamie Foxx Show and are currently in the middle of a block of The Wayans Bros. 

Could this be Viacom’s attempt to muddy the waters for The Grio while they’re still running color bars? 

edit: Total Recall is on next (5pm eastern)... 

Reminds me a little of MTV2.

Archived