KVOO-FM

ScottSchell

So here in Tulsa we have a radio station KVOO-FM which has been around for a very long time as it originally started as a tv and am station before going FM well they are now changing the over the air name to 98.5 The Bull starting on Monday and having a new morning show and afternoon show (Bud and Broadway which used to be here in Tulsa) on Tuesday.

Screenshot_20201206-131735.jpg

What is the ratings situation there? Hard to imagine that Griffin was losing to iHeart/Twister...

Dumping heritage branding/calls that are instantly recognizable in the market usually does not end well (See Hubbard's WIL-FM in St. Louis as exhibit A)

Then again... Bud and Broadway were a part of the rebrand at WIL as well so there's that...

1 hour ago, GodfreyGR said:

What is the ratings situation there? Hard to imagine that Griffin was losing to iHeart/Twister...

Dumping heritage branding/calls that are instantly recognizable in the market usually does not end well (See Hubbard's WIL-FM in St. Louis as exhibit A)

Then again... Bud and Broadway were a part of the rebrand at WIL as well so there's that...

I'm not 100% sure about there ratings. I know that Bud and Broadway was on Twister only before moving to St Louis and now they are simacasted across the us on radio stations like KVOO and on the iHeartRadio app while doing the show from Bud Ford's house in St Louis.  So I just read that it had a 3.0 rating which puts it way behind K95.5 but ahead of Twister while KVOO'S sister station Big Country 99.5 (classic country) has a 5.1 rating.

Archived