WDAY new graphics 12/2020

plzstandby

Old ones are/were definitely better incorporating some reds and oranges, but still better than what KVLY and KVRR are using in the market... KVLY has been using some of the newer Gray elements like the sports ticker design which makes me think WDAY rushed these just to get a new package out before Gray's duopoly get theirs?

Music needs an update worse than the graphics did- They've used the same cut of "Alchemy" for at least a decade which granted, the 6 note logo at the start has become iconic and recognizable, but not like it's MCTYW over at WPVI or anything

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Big Bump. The music was changed to In-Sink V6.

Vid courtesy of "rexxdexx" from YT.

Great track- but there needs to be some sort of VO between the teaser and the anchors... Even something as simple as "This is WDAY News At Ten". The instrumental and floating logo alone feel kinda awkward. Work in progress maybe? I'll try to watch tonight and see.

5 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

How long do those things normally last? They just got the new set some 5 years ago

Not 5 years. The lamps generally last for 1-2k hours and will get dimmer as they get older. They probably should be replaced every year at least, given how much a TV station uses them, but they are also expensive, so of course a small market might be convinced to run them until they (literally) explode.

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I think someone will have to confirm this, but I believe that projector is recycled from the previous set.

Negative. This is the old set (New one was a HUGE improvement in 2014)

Site of the Week 12/5/14: Fargo, North Dakota (Big Trip 2013 part 7) |  Fybush.com

59 minutes ago, Weeters said:

Not 5 years. The lamps generally last for 1-2k hours and will get dimmer as they get older. They probably should be replaced every year at least, given how much a TV station uses them, but they are also expensive, so of course a small market might be convinced to run them until they (literally) explode.

Well, WDAY is Forum's only TV property (Along with the other 4 ABC sticks in ND that relay WDAY). Everything else is in newspaper so to your point...

Archived