In Memoriam

jdcnow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, VHSgoodiesWA said:

A compilation of Smuckers Birthdays in honor of Willard. I will miss you forever and so will millions. Whether you were getting ready to go to work, or if you were a little kid watching the Macy's Parade with mom and dad, Willard was a presence that NBC can never replace. RIP forever, Willard.

The first Ronald McDonald. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, toxictwister00 said:

A big loss for Metro Atlanta. Jovita took the torch from the legendary Monica Pearson and carried it well. I am a saddened at her passing, yet she is in a better place. My condolences to her family and the Channel 2 family.

SN: Justin Farmer was a trooper in announcing her death. You could tell at times it was getting to him.

Edited by PelicanGuy
  • Like 5

WSB Television and Atlanta Television will never be the same without Jovita Moore. Prayers and condolences go out to her family and her extended family at Channel 2 Action News.

And Jovita... Atlanta TV will never forget you. You will NEVER be forgotten. And say hello to Amanda Davis from all of us here. RIP Jovita and Godspeed.

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, toxictwister00 said:

I remember Jovita Moore when she was working at WMC-TV in the mid 90s. She even chaperoned a field trip I was on at one time in elementary school. 

A brief article mentioning her passing was posted on WMC's website earlier today: https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/10/29/former-action-news-5-anchor-jovita-moore-dies-after-battle-with-brain-cancer/

My condolences to her entire family.

Edited by TennTV1983
  • Like 1

Sad news out from Boston.....Long time Boston Red Sox analyst for NESN, and former MLB player Jerry Remy has sadly passed away Saturday night from his long battle of cancer. As a Red Sox fan, this devastated me, and Sox games on TV will never be the same. RIP RemDawg.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/jerry-remy-death-reaction-red-sox-player-broadcaster/38116465?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot#

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Sad news out from Boston.....Long time Boston Red Sox analyst for NESN, and former MLB player Jerry Remy has sadly passed away Saturday night from his long battle of cancer. As a Red Sox fan, this devastated me, and Sox games on TV will never be the same. RIP RemDawg.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/jerry-remy-death-reaction-red-sox-player-broadcaster/38116465?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot#

Such a shame. Remy was not just a legend in Boston, but baseball broadcasting in general. He will be sorely missed. R.I.P. Jerry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:21 AM, toxictwister00 said:

Such a shame, Jovita had so much life ahead of her. 

Why do articles keep saying she left WSB earlier this year? I thought she was on medical leave and had been praying for her eventual return. RIP.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad news out of Syracuse, NY. Longtime WSYR (WIXT) news anchor Rod Wood has passed away on December 11th at the age of 81. Thoughts, prayers, and condolences are with Ron Wood's family and his extended family at NewsChannel 9 at this difficult time.

https://www.localsyr.com/community/remembering-rod-wood/legendary-news-anchor-rod-wood-dies/

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Sad news out of Syracuse, NY. Longtime WSYR (WIXT) news anchor Ron Wood has passed away on December 11th at the age of 81. Thoughts, prayers, and condolences are with Ron Wood's family and his extended family at NewsChannel 9 at this difficult time.

https://www.localsyr.com/community/remembering-rod-wood/legendary-news-anchor-rod-wood-dies/

ROD Wood also passed away. 😒

• 2 weeks later...