At the FCC

CircleSeven

Fairbanks stations KXD (CBS) KTVF (NBC) and KFXF (FOX) were sold to Gray for $8million cash.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/gray-tv-affiliate-buys-3-alaska-stations/181583

These are two full-power stations and one low-power station. This would give Gray control of three of the Big 4 affiliations in Fairbanks.

There might be a failing-station waiver involved. Could anyone post the link to the paperwork?

I checked and it wasn't up yet.

The paperwork is up regarding the Gray Fairbanks deal.

Gray is buying the full-power KTVF (NBC) from Chena Broadcasting; and the two LPs KXDD-CD (formerly K13XD) (CBS) & KFXF-LD from Tanara Valley Television.

The full-power KFXF is not included in this sale.

Full price on the sale: $8M

• Like 1

Gray is buying the full-power KTVF (NBC) from Chena Broadcasting; and the two LPs KXDD-CD (formerly K13XD) (CBS) & KFXF-LD from Tanara Valley Television.

So I guess Gray is moving the FOX affiliation to KFXF-LD, while full power KFXF is going indie (with a callsign change).

Calling it now...KFXF full power is spectrum/shaft bait.

How many 4g, 5g or 6g data and voice channels can be supported by that frequency allocation, in a very isolated cell market... that does not show much growth over the next 10-20 years?

I don't know the answer to that, but I would think that has to be an equation being considered in all markets.

Sure a big city will eat up all that spectrum, but what about smaller areas?

Guess I was DEAD RIGHT all along about Gray acquiring KTVF/KFXF/KXD in the future after KTUU!!

Of course, it'll mean local news will finally be in HD with the return of a 10:00 pm news on KFXF; the late news will be live once again as well rather than taped (KTVF's was live for a time in the late '90s-early 2000's).

So I guess Gray is moving the FOX affiliation to KFXF-LD, while full power KFXF is going indie (with a callsign change).

As of now, the LP is already airing the Fox channel as an in-city repeater to the main signal.

We don't know what Tanara Valley will do with the full signal once the sale is complete. And we don't know if that signal is going away or not until the auction is complete and the new table of allotments get posted.

And to no surprised, the NAB & the News Media Alliance (NMA) (the newspaper trade group) is suing the FCC over its recently approved Quadrennial Review.

The NMA is suing to try to repeal its four-decade old Newspaper-Broadcast Cross-ownership ban, which they say its outdated.

Small follow up.

The D.C. Circuit has won the lottery of venue to hear the NMA & NAB cases. Prometheus (which want the ownership rules to be tightened) filed in the Third Circuit. Now all three cases will be consolidated, and be heard in D.C. Circuit.

• 3 weeks later...
And to no surprised, the NAB & the News Media Alliance (NMA) (the newspaper trade group) is suing the FCC over its recently approved Quadrennial Review.

The NMA is suing to try to repeal its four-decade old Newspaper-Broadcast Cross-ownership ban, which they say its outdated.

Looks like the NMA might not have to go through the courts to overturn the NBCO ban. Congress is composing a bipartisan bill to repeal it.

• 1 month later...
Gray is looking to buy some low-power stations from DTVAmerica in Enterprise, AL (2 stations) ; Panama City, FL (2 stations) ; Bowling Green, KY; College Station, TX; Sherman, TX and Rockford, IL.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/96676/station-trading-roundup-1-deal-720000

Enterprise could be used as a repeater for WRGX-LD...or even a standalone CW or MyNetwork station since WTVY covers the market decently.

Panama City could be a stand-alone CW or My7, since they already have WECP-LD and WJHG.

Bowling Green could be a stand-alone FOX that's currently a .2 on WBKO.

Rockford? They only have Justice and AntennaTV on WIFR, so who knows what purpose this would serve, unless they poach ABC or FOX from Nexstar...

College Station could be a low-powered CW station, and Sherman could be their FOX (and maybe one of Lockwood's affilations from KTEN)

I think they are moving the Enterprise LP stations to Dothan. No need for a repeater for WTVY's signals in Enterprise. You can see the tower's lights on a clear night it's so close and tall (25 miles @1,900 ft.)

I think they are moving the Enterprise LP stations to Dothan. No need for a repeater for WTVY's signals in Enterprise. You can see the tower's lights on a clear night it's so close and tall (25 miles @1,900 ft.)

The sales appear to have closed.

The stations in Enterprise are WGEI-LD (channel 26) and W41EJ-D. There's a CP to move them to 31°19'6", -85°49'57" on the east side of Enterprise. Right behind, of all things, a Beef'O'Brady's.

The paperwork is up regarding the Gray Fairbanks deal.

Full price on the sale: $8M

Follow-up.

As of eight day ago (1/9), the FCC has greenlighted the Gray Fairbanks deal.

And since announcing the deal, the CBS station has changed its calls again to KXDF-CD.

Everyone's talking about Nexstar/MG and the divestures.

But I didn't forget about the stations sent to Graham and at least I know that WSLS and WCWJ are now under Graham control.

WSLS is alone and WCWJ now joins the 1,000,000-ton gorilla WJXT as its sister home.

• Like 4

...and Gray now has WBAY and KWQC....

I checked WBAY's page earlier and had Gray not come to terms with Dish (which they did), they would have been taken off. They had the warning their site which is now gone.

The others divestitures look to be closed as well.

I wonder in the Nexstar divestiture markets, what will become of the CrappyLocalSite.com's no longer under their control? God forbid they transfer to the NEW acquisitions....

...and Gray now has WBAY and KWQC....

I checked WBAY's page earlier and had Gray not come to terms with Dish (which they did), they would have been taken off. They had the warning their site which is now gone.

The others divestitures look to be closed as well.

I wonder in the Nexstar divestiture markets, what will become of the CrappyLocalSite.com's no longer under their control? God forbid they transfer to the NEW acquisitions....

I'm wondering the same thing...there is one market that Nexstar departed (St. Joseph, MO) and two that they have "swapped" stations in (Lafayette, LA and Fort Wayne).

• Like 1